Olanzapine - Page 2 - Treatment Options - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Olanzapine

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#13 Bluesky

Bluesky

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 11:04 AM

Look, it is you who have the idea that a psychiatrists knows anything about this disorder. I would say there is a 95% chance he dont. This is highly under and misdiagnosed. There is no exoteric knowlege that says "only for psychiatrists and doctors". Everything is open in medical databases with publications in medical journals. There is no publication at all saying that anti-psychotics have any benefits in depersonalization in its primary form. There is publication saying it is often misunderstood by psychiatrists as  symptoms of a psychotic state and a treatment for such is started up. I don't know if you have depersonalization in its primary form. I have seen many of this forum who have these symptoms secondary to another condition. Some with secondary depersonalization to another state might have benefits of anti-psychotics. 

Sadly, I don't go to psychiatrists hoping for them to understand Dp/Dr or me anymore. I have gone to many and none of them truly helped me. But I know what I want out of the visit. I know that I need a medication that assists me in my healing process. I do work on myself, and I have seen changes. But sometimes, I would like things to be clearer, to be less tiring. I do have OCD. Many types of it, since I was a child. I do think it is one of the causes of dp coming into my life.

Did u mean by "dp in its primary form" as dp without any other influence from another mental illness ?

If so, then I do agree with you. I think that solving my "ocd problems" and healing from them is to trigger the dpdr healing also.

#14 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 681 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 09 February 2021 - 11:16 AM

Yes. It could be secondary to a OCD state and atypicals might be of some benefits and so could high doses of SSRIs. But, there is also a strong OCD component in depersonalization its primary form. You could only test some medications and see if they are of some benefits to you. 

#15 Bluesky

Bluesky

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 12:54 PM

Yes. It could be secondary to a OCD state and atypicals might be of some benefits and so could high doses of SSRIs. But, there is also a strong OCD component in depersonalization its primary form. You could only test some medications and see if they are of some benefits to you.

I understand. I can only try and see. Thank you so much for these informations, and for replying.

#16 forestx5

forestx5

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Locationcentral virginia blue ridge mountains

Posted 09 February 2021 - 05:16 PM

I think sleep is very important to mental health and mental processes. If I begin to wake early and spend the wee hours anxiously ruminating, I know I am

on a trajectory that could take me into another major depressive episode.  I can take 75mp of Seroquel and it will synchronize my sleep and provide me with

7 hours a night.  It does make me feel groggy until past noon, however the grogginess fades as my body and mind adjust to the presence of the medication.

So, you can expect the initial side effects to dissipate somewhat as you continue to take the medication.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users