Finally recovered. - Page 2 - Recovery Stories - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Finally recovered.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#13 BlueTank

BlueTank

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 783 posts

Posted 31 March 2021 - 08:42 PM

Covid makes things so much worse.

You are answering questions so I have a few. 

Do you have hypervigilance/hypersensitivity/? Basically things scare you that didn't before. May be you get a shiver or adrenaline rush when the phone rings or there is a noise.

Any Paranoia?

Sensitivity to sound etc..?

Panic/Anxiety stuff?   Like I can get burning skin sensation. All kinds of shit.  Reading back I believe you had anxiety stuff.  

Insomnia?

All these things are making it really hard.   The funny thing is I think the DP/DR is the thing I am the best with.   The first one  I talk about is a tough one.  I have been meditating. Mindfulness Meditation. And I can be meditating and then there is a sound. It can be a pop in the wood floor or somebody slams a car door or honks or whatever and it will scare me. Jolt me. Not always though.   Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.  It can range from being really bad to not at all. I know it can go away cause i've had it go away. I know it can get better. I know if you are distracting and doing stuff it isn't a real issue for instance I drove today and did some stuff and nothing happened. No real issue. But the other day I was making dinner and the phone rang and I got a real big jolt of adrenaline! It could be I was (or subconciously) was afraid of talkign to somebody? I dont know. I'd like to go back to not being afraid of stuff like I was a few months ago.  

The big stuff that helped last time

1. Getting rid of stress  (I can sorta do that this time. I've done some things in that dept)
2. Going back to work and getting distracted (Covid.  thats not really happening now sadly)

3. Clonezepam.  (My GP and my Psychiatrist are not in to the dosage or duration I had last time.  more or less .5 morning 1mg night for 4-5 months on and like 5 months taper.)

Then a lot of not feeding the monster.  Doing hobbies.

#14 Rosesky

Rosesky

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 08:08 AM

Yes, I had both. I was really sensitive to noises during derealization, the paranoia was more anxiety related.
But all that lifted when I started treating my anxiety and when my medication started to work.
Week by week passed and so did my symptoms.

#15 Jazz11

Jazz11

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 06 April 2021 - 12:20 AM

Hi, I’m so happy for you that you have recovered and come back to help others. I wanted to ask you, did you have symptoms where people just looked weird to you, even on tv, making it hard to even watch a movie. It’s like I’m an alien seeing humans for the first time and that symptom scares me so much

#16 Rosesky

Rosesky

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 01:43 PM

Well, that's what I promised to myself-to help as much as I can. I have recovered, but I still remember the hell that I was going through.

Well, everything looked weird for me, but for people.. I don't know how to explain it, they looked strange, even my own husband/daughter looked like I see them for the first time.
I couldn't watch anything on the phone or tv because I was feeling like looking "trough" it, I couldn't see the whole picture.

#17 Nitin

Nitin

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 03:34 AM

could you share your email address so we could talk somehow.
I have been going through this for past month and it has been literally hell.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users