I’ve been struggling with DP/DR since I was 19 and now I am 36. It’s hasn’t been all bad and would say I am recovered for about 2 years at a time and go into an episode that lasts 6-7 months at a time. Lately this has been getting so bad that I am contemplating taking my own life because I just can’t take it anymore. Some of these symptoms I am not even sure are DP/DR. About 3 months ago I started to feel that scary dreamlike state and decided that I would let it runs it’s coarse. Here is what has been going.
- Can’t concentrate/Can’t focus my eyes.
-I feel confused/ memory is bad.
- When I sleep it feels like a blip in time, so I don’t feel like I’ve slept at all.
- A lot of things sound muffled or “limited” like maximum volume of everything is 5 out of 10.
- Surroundings are familiar, but foreign at the same time.
- A 24 hour day feels like 5 to me, I think I am being generous here.
- No motivation or emotions.
Is this even DP/DR?
This is all 24/7 by the way.
I have a psychiatrist set up for this Thursday and a doctor for the next week. I think I will give it another month then start making plans not to be around anymore. Sorry for the negative mood everyone, but this is the worst it’s ever been and it’s been going on since I was 19 (With periods of remission) Anyone else had there symptoms improve after almost 20 years of them being present?