Would you date someone with DP-DR disorder? - DPSelfhelp.com Member Polls - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Would you date someone with DP-DR disorder?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MobiusX

MobiusX

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 361 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 January 2021 - 01:35 PM

I never had a girlfriend or dated. I am 36. I wish I had a girlfriend who experiences the same things I do like depersonalization and derealiztion or something else very personal.

#2 lost235

lost235

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 02:46 PM

Hmm I would say I wouldn’t want to date someone with dpdr, rather someone who doesn’t have it but understands. I feel like if I would be with someone who experienced what I do I’d be stuck in that mindset, and there’d be no way of recovery. I need someone who can get my mind off of this. But still someone who understands that what I feel isn’t something that can just be fixed in a day and is very difficult.

#3 PerfectFifth

PerfectFifth

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 03:39 PM

The more I have in common with whomever I date, the better. That's my experience. So yes, I would even prefer them to have DP for increased relatability. 

#4 Trith

Trith

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 04:57 AM

I would date anyone provided I feel some attraction! This disorder adds a barrier between me and others and it has been realy hard to start relationships.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users