this forum was a couple of years ago much more positive - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

this forum was a couple of years ago much more positive

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 leminaseri

leminaseri

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 25 December 2020 - 08:16 AM

i just readed old posts from 2008-2014, and i figured out, that community was much more positive. the people were much more kind to each other.

#2 lost235

lost235

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 December 2020 - 10:04 AM

I checked out some posts from 2011-ish, and I’ll have to agree with you. I don’t think people necessarily are rude today on this forum, just that the posts were maybe more wholesome before lol. Although in the 5 months I’ve been on this forum I have noticed that a few people are very passive aggressive when answering others. I’ve seen some people being quite inconsiderate with other people just because they think they know the right way to do everything. Some people just seem annoyed at everything. Maybe the way we speak towards each other has changed a bit with time? It’s not anything I’ve noticed until now tho, I think a lot of people on here are very kind and really helping, which probably anyone in this mental state really appreciate!

#3 ThoughtOnFire

ThoughtOnFire

Custodian

• Administrators
  • 1364 posts
  • LocationMiddle of the Veil

Posted 26 December 2020 - 08:03 PM

From a moderator's perspective, you aren't seeing all the trolls we took care of back then.

#4 Findmywayhome

Findmywayhome

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 02:04 PM

From a moderator's perspective, you aren't seeing all the trolls we took care of back then.

What exactly do you mean by "trolls"? What kind of person would waste their time messing with people on a depersonalization website?

#5 ThoughtOnFire

ThoughtOnFire

Custodian

• Administrators
  • 1364 posts
  • LocationMiddle of the Veil

Posted 27 December 2020 - 02:42 PM

What exactly do you mean by "trolls"? What kind of person would waste their time messing with people on a depersonalization website?

You wouldn't believe.

#6 PerfectFifth

PerfectFifth

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 03:37 PM

Well, as a counter-point, I'd say that not all positivity is necessarily always good, or that all negativity is bad. Bad ideas should be rightly criticized. Though I'm not sure where you personally draw the line with negativity and positivity.

#7 Phantasm

Phantasm

Janitor

• Moderators
  • 931 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 December 2020 - 01:35 AM

i just readed old posts from 2008-2014, and i figured out, that community was much more positive. the people were much more kind to each other.

Ah, man, you don't know the half of it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users