i will try next week neuronavigated tms - Page 3 - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

i will try next week neuronavigated tms

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#25 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 639 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 05 January 2021 - 05:46 AM

what location?

#26 leminaseri

leminaseri

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 05:46 AM

rvlpfc

#27 tomenko

tomenko

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 10:30 AM

That is right. I was in contact with them in 2019. A professor who is an adviser to the clinic replied me and said he would look into depersonalization and reply me shortly. He never did. Depersonalization is not on their site either. I think, they have looked into the rTMS case reports and trials done. These are based of two small trials at two different location and two case reports at another location; The right TPJ, right VLPFC and the right DLPFC. If they are aware of the angular gyrus trials then it is 4.different locations. Conclusion; we will not try to treat depersonalization as the disorder is purely understood as seen in 4.different locations tried.The risk of non-response is too high. The publication of the French trial might change that if is has more information. If the French trial follow their design they should also do some fMRI scans in some of the patients and they might come up with some information that does they might be open to try it.

hi mayer,

you remember if the clinic was in Florence?

something you remember that can help find them,

thanks

take care

bye

tom

#28 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 10:34 AM

Hey Leminaseri,

what is your impression about the quality of equipement and docs ? They are well informed ?

What have you pay there for the sessions ?

Best Luck

Dieter

#29 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 639 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 05 January 2021 - 11:23 AM

hi mayer,

you remember if the clinic was in Florence?

something you remember that can help find them,

thanks

take care

bye

tom

I might have mentions a prof. in psychiatry located in Florence who also have been a prof. at two American universities. He has a private hospital and research center in Florence. I have never contacted him partly because I think the prices might be very high and partly because Florence is an expensive city to be in. I can see that he just a conventional rTMS equipment with neuronavigation added. You can risk if he is a serious person that his does the ethical thing: That is to reject a patients with depersonalization in the grounds that the trials done are also very small, not placebo controlled with no follow up of patents. So, those who have response you have no idea how quickly they had setbacks. 

The largest rTMS clinic in Italy and be equipped in Europe have rejected depersonalization/me and depersonalization dispite they have 13.disorders on their site and can offer interventions at 3.locations in depression because they have a deep coil. Others can only offer the right and left DLPFC. 

I have referered "RUNTOME/Dieter" to this clinic as he have major depression. They will likely not take depersonalization with the trials and locations done to date that gives the impression that depersonalization is purely understood to offer a rTMS intervention. 

As it pointed out the right VLPFC is too deep for a conventional coil to stimulate. You might only be able to stimulate 30% with a conventional coil. That might be the reason for some do not respond or the location might not be right. You really need a deep coil to try this location properly. 

I myself is waiting for the publication of the French angular gyrus trial as they also should do some fMRI scans and might put some more lights on emotional regulation in depersonalization, locations and networks.As I wrote it might do that the Italian clinic might go into the disorder and give it a try after the publication of the French trail  I also hope that a rTMS clinic with Magventure equipment as a deep coil and navigation system from Localite will open in Eastern Europe.A MRI scan can also be done in Eastern Europe for a fair price for neuronavigation. I got my brain on a disc for 80.euros. It took 25. min in a Siemens MRI with 1.5. Tesla. The prices will likely be 50-60.europs pr. session, high quality and cheap to stay. Right now everything is closed down due to covid. So, there is nothing that can be done now. 

Here is one who could not wait for brain stimulation and found a doctor to help him. He got brain stimulation "all over the head". 

#30 Want2lifeagain

Want2lifeagain

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 01:25 AM

How are you lemin ? Do you have tms on tpj ??

#31 leminaseri

leminaseri

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 03:22 AM

How are you lemin ? Do you have tms on tpj ??

no, im getting the stimulation of the rvlpfc. i had have 2 sessions until now and i cant feel any benefits.

#32 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 639 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 06 January 2021 - 08:31 AM

what are they using for locations of the right VLPFC. A MRI scan of you or an computer algorithm?

#33 leminaseri

leminaseri

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 09:20 AM

what are they using for locations of the right VLPFC. A MRI scan of you or an computer algorithm?

mri scan.

#34 Numb_1993

Numb_1993

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 01:43 PM

Any updates :)?

#35 Numb_1993

Numb_1993

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 01:43 PM

Any updates :)?

#36 leminaseri

leminaseri

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 02:19 PM

had my 5th session today. i dont feel any significant change. the only thing i can register is i fall much easier asleep, and it feels good to be tired and know i will fall asleep soon. i will do 10 sessions of this location so 5 more.. lets see what it will do

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users