i will try next week neuronavigated tms - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

i will try next week neuronavigated tms

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 leminaseri

leminaseri

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 09:08 AM

hello

i will try next week neuronavigated tms in istanbul. i want to try all the locations those were related to a response in the studies (rlvpfc, tpj, angular gyrus)

i think 2 sessions per location will be enough to figure out, if i do respond or not.

i will also try the ocd helmet from brainsway because mg said it could work alternatively due to its impact to the anterior cingulate and dorsomedial prefrontal cortex.

i will update you guys.

#2 AnnaGiulia

AnnaGiulia

Regular Contributor

• Moderators
  • 148 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 09:13 AM

Best of luck!smile.png

#3 leminaseri

leminaseri

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 09:23 AM

Best of luck!smile.png

thank you <3

#4 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 645 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 22 December 2020 - 01:48 PM

Form where do you know that 2.seesions will be enough to see if there is a response?

In the very small trial done at the depersonalization research unit they write that response came within 5.sessions. Then symptoms started to fluctuate and more sessions was given until it became stabil. 

There is no publication on angular gyrus yet. You just know that the trial has been going on and comes with assumptions from that. 
I have recommended that people waited until the publication of the French trail as there might be much more information and considerations in the publication related to the trail.

The “Brainsway” protocol from OCD is treatment for 5-6.weeks. They expect response between week 2-3. So, between 10-15.sessions. I mention the anterior cingulate and dorsomedial prefrontal cortex because it’s locations that also comes up in many brain scans. In reality we don’t know anything as nothing has been tried. There is a gab between the rTMS trail done and the development of rTMS technologies. Most brain studies and rTMS trails where done prior to 2015. At that time it was very limited at what locations you could intervene in as rTMS coil only could stimulate at 1.cm dept. So, many locations was not an option to intervene in and try back then as the technology to do it was not there. 

#5 leminaseri

leminaseri

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 02:24 PM

Form where do you know that 2.seesions will be enough to see if there is a response?

In the very small trial done at the depersonalization research unit they write that response came within 5.sessions. Then symptoms started to fluctuate and more sessions was given until it became stabil.

There is no publication on angular gyrus yet. You just know that the trial has been going on and comes with assumptions from that.
I have recommended that people waited until the publication of the French trail as there might be much more information and considerations in the publication related to the trail.

The “Brainsway” protocol from OCD is treatment for 5-6.weeks. They expect response between week 2-3. So, between 10-15.sessions. I mention the anterior cingulate and dorsomedial prefrontal cortex because it’s locations that also comes up in many brain scans. In reality we don’t know anything as nothing has been tried. There is a gab between the rTMS trail done and the development of rTMS technologies. Most brain studies and rTMS trails where done prior to 2015. At that time it was very limited at what locations you could intervene in as rTMS coil only could stimulate at 1.cm dept. So, many locations was not an option to intervene in and try back then as the technology to do it was not there.

you said once, you talked with a french girl and the response rate was at 50%, hence.

well, then i will be the first one who tries the ocd coil from brainsway. and it doesnt matter how many sessions i will need. i will go through the tms route, and try all locations. i just thought, i read somewhere, that the effect shows up just after 1 session. but it seems like i was wrong.

#6 Want2lifeagain

Want2lifeagain

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 11:57 AM

Good luck a luckyman ... I will be soon

#7 Want2lifeagain

Want2lifeagain

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 11:58 AM

Where you from ?

#8 leminaseri

leminaseri

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 12:07 PM

Where you from ?

germany

#9 tomenko

tomenko

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 December 2020 - 01:55 PM

hi mayer,

how can I contact you through PM?

bye

tom

#10 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 645 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 25 December 2020 - 03:11 PM

hi mayer,

how can I contact you through PM?

bye

tom

You can’t. I have disabled the messenger function this summer and it will never be activated again. I had several contacts at that time close to 2-3.a day. I have used much time in reply’s to many only to see that many didn’t read my replies, asked about the same thing again and again. I had replied one person with 7.pages within 24.hours. So, You are ending up in conversations with many that only cause frustrations. 

#11 Phantasm

Phantasm

Janitor

• Moderators
  • 911 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 December 2020 - 05:41 PM

You can’t. I have disabled the messenger function this summer and it will never be activated again. I had several contacts at that time close to 2-3.a day. I have used much time in reply’s to many only to see that many didn’t read my replies, asked about the same thing again and again. I had replied one person with 7.pages within 24.hours. So, You are ending up in conversations with many that only cause frustrations. 

If you have a lot of correspondence regarding the same material, you could start a blog, or a FAQ thread you can direct people to. Just a suggestion.

#12 leminaseri

leminaseri

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 31 December 2020 - 01:01 AM

a few updates:

i have done a rohrschach test and it came out i have somatization, depression and great anxiety tendencies. that the somatization was made out through the test astonished me because, i have problems with muscle pain and various limbs goes often deaf. sometimes my movements are slowed. i would never think that such a psychological test can make out such things.

i have done a qeeg. it came out highly normal with only very slight decreased activity in the back of the brain. the doc said this is often seen in patients with depression.

i will try first the rvlpfc. i have to wait like 2 days i think for an appointment because someone from the university has to come to adjust and set up the machine for the rvlpfc location. for tpj the doctor said, the study from mantovani et al is not really promising. the improvements there could be also placebo. i will pay for 10 sessions 715 euros. i think its a little expensive compared with other tms-centers.

but one big question for me is, if its the anxiety and the depression in the primary position, what are causing my depersonalization symptoms, wouldnt it be smarter to try a depression or anxiety protocol? i am a little confused right now.

to mg: the doc said to me, they have coils that can reach until 5 cm deep to the brain. that confused me also because you said, such coils are not developed yet.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users