Dreams - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Dreams

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ReiTheySay

ReiTheySay

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 December 2020 - 07:04 AM

I'm curious. Has anybody else experienced change in their dream experience?

Not content necessarily.

I used to have dreams where I fully experienced the dreams or felt so real but not since DPDR. Now, not immersive. I'm never fully there.

At the beginning, for a long while, I never had any dreams. Then when I was on meds, I either never did or never remembered them for years.

Now off meds, and having coped with DPDR, I have dreams frequently but they're less crisp, vague, more 'blurry', less defined, a bit distant, and less 'experienced'.

I wanna know if this is actually common.

#2 lost235

lost235

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 20 December 2020 - 08:14 AM

I’ve actually had a lot more dreams and they appear much more clearly than before. I wouldn’t say more like every night, but there are certain nights where I feel as if I’ve dreamt the entire time of sleeping. Those nights it feels like I’m dreaming the next day. Don’t think it has anything to do with the dpdr tho but idk

#3 Findmywayhome

Findmywayhome

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 20 December 2020 - 02:20 PM

I've definitely noticed a change, but not exactly how you described it. Dreams are weird on their own, but I feel like mine are so much more weirder now. Like fever dreams on steroids. I dream about people, things or places I haven't thought about in years. and sometimes I dream about DPDR. I feel like I am dreaming about amalgamations of my past a lot, like I am subconsciously longing for the time before my disorder. 

Also, there's always this overarching sense of uneasiness in my dreams. Like this unpleasant, persistent aura like something is absurdly wrong, or their is some obscure threat that I can only sense and not see. 

I wonder if anyone else experiences this. You know how sometimes right after you wake up you still think what happened in your dream is what happened in reality? Well now my dreams feel almost as real as reality. So when I wake up I'm virtually convinced what happened in my dreams are reality for a good thirty seconds. And dreams seem to have a bigger impact on my emotions, like every time I wake up I feel like I watched a super impactful movie.

#4 forestx5

forestx5

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1350 posts
  • Locationcentral virginia blue ridge mountains

Posted 20 December 2020 - 07:14 PM

This topic reminds me of a cartoon.  The Hubble Telescope cost billions to build and operate for a decade, and due to a flaw in a reflective mirror it wasn't producing quality photographs of deep space.

Politicians were angry and threatening to defund the hubble telescope program. The cartoon showed a half dozen scientists sitting at a table discussing the problem, when one of them says

"maybe deep space really is blurry and fuzzy?".  Someone went up in a shuttle and made repairs, and now the photographs from the hubble are truly out of this world.

My dreaming has changed significantly over the decades.  Come to think of it, everything has changed significantly over the decades.  Aging is much more than the simple passing of time.

From my experience, your body and mind undergo significant biological changes.  They can occur so slowly as to be nearly imperceptible.  Passions, and memories undergo shifts in intensity and clarity.

I used to have very entertaining dreams.  I looked forward to sleep and the experience of dreaming. I would start out reading a book on the environment I wanted to enter in my dreams, and I would segue into it as

I fell asleep.  I don't miss the repetitive dreams of looking for my next high school classroom and endlessly

walking the halls of my high school trying to figure out where I am supposed to be, and feeling anxious about being late.  lol

I remember seeing a list of common repetitive dreams and what they meant.  I had been experiencing a couple of them.  Regrets can manifest themselves in your dreams.

#5 forestx5

forestx5

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1350 posts
  • Locationcentral virginia blue ridge mountains

Posted 22 December 2020 - 05:35 AM

I'd like to add something in regards to my dream experiences.  Last night I listened to someone in my head who went on a monologue explaining some complex subjects

to the audience in my head.  I listened to everything he had to say, and it occurred to me that, while he sounded like he knew what he was talking about,  he was really just making stuff up.  He had no real idea of what he was talking about, but

he was going on about things as if he were an expert not to be interrupted or disagreed with.  And I wondered....where is he getting his information? Who invited him to the party?

Is it any small wonder I wake just as confused as to world mysteries, as when I turned in?

#6 Chen

Chen

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 07:35 PM

I also do not dream realy clear and not that often as I normaly did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users