whats the difference between depression and dp-anhedonia - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

whats the difference between depression and dp-anhedonia

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 leminaseri

leminaseri

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 15 November 2020 - 04:53 PM

how to make a difference between them?

#2 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 584 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 15 November 2020 - 07:24 PM

“One striking feature of the de-affectualisation is
that it is not usually accompanied by an objectively
blunted affect such as that seen in schizophrenia
(Ackner, 1954; Torch, 1978; Sierra & Berrios, 1998).
This preservation of normal affect can help
differentiate the condition from major depression.”

The affect is normal. Normal voice, mimic ect. You also don’t see vegetative symptoms like loss of appetite and sleep disturbances as  in major depression. You can have it and usually it will be related to a major depression is secondary to depersonalization. It can be treated but the symptoms of depersonalization will not be affected by antidepressants. You will still be in a subjective state of having no emotions. 

#3 leminaseri

leminaseri

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 15 November 2020 - 10:28 PM

“One striking feature of the de-affectualisation is
that it is not usually accompanied by an objectively
blunted affect such as that seen in schizophrenia
(Ackner, 1954; Torch, 1978; Sierra & Berrios, 1998).
This preservation of normal affect can help
differentiate the condition from major depression.”

https://pdfs.semanti...6cc61c43d27.pdf

The affect is normal. Normal voice, mimic ect. You also don’t see vegetative symptoms like loss of appetite and sleep disturbances as in major depression. You can have it and usually it will be related to a major depression is secondary to depersonalization. It can be treated but the symptoms of depersonalization will not be affected by antidepressants. You will still be in a subjective state of having no emotions.

i have a question for you. i readed once you had written „i had at the begin slight emotions but with antipsychotic medication they gone completely“ and you didnt knew that your condition was the dpd. what would it change for you to know at the begin what you actually had gotten? and what if they wouldnt give you the antipsychotic medication and you would have the slight emotions?

#4 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 584 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 16 November 2020 - 05:53 AM

Anti-psychotics In antipsychotic doses are known for making depersonalization worse.The depersonalization research unit write that in the small text I put a link to in my reply that it was their experience in patients they had seen. 

#5 leminaseri

leminaseri

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 09:28 AM

Anti-psychotics In antipsychotic doses are known for making depersonalization worse.The depersonalization research unit write that in the small text I put a link to in my reply that it was their experience in patients they had seen.

i readed understanding and treating dpd already multiple times. that was a personally question to you about your own case. but it seems like you dont want to give an answer. its okay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users