Overly conscious of reality - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Overly conscious of reality

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PositiveThinking!

PositiveThinking!

Living Nightmare u.u

• DPSH Members
  • 1842 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 24 October 2020 - 03:19 PM

Has anyone had this feeling before? Ever since DP/DR came back into my life, I feel like I'm overly conscious of the concept of existence and anything related to our world. Everytime I'm not focusing on work or a hobby, I'll instantly get triggered by looking at a wall or something else and feel like it doesn't make any sense, or feel like my arms or legs don't feel quite normal. As soon as this happens, a huge feeling of dread takes over my mind and forces me to lay down in my bed or I feel like I might just fall through the ground into oblivion...

Edit: The main problem is that back when I got DP/DR for the first time years ago, I felt the same symptoms but I didn't get overwhelmed with this dread sensation, now I do and it's ruining my life... I wonder if this is due to the new Covid-19 world we live in :S

#2 Emptyflask

Emptyflask

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 06:47 AM

Im pretty sure i know the feeling your talking about. It happens and it feels like things around me dont really exist, that i dont either and that realizing this would make me dissapear into thin air. Its absolutely terrifying. I take medication that has helped a bit. I also feel similar in the fact i have had this feeling before but i just kinda got over it and forgot about it and now it bothers me even more than before.

#3 PositiveThinking!

PositiveThinking!

Living Nightmare u.u

• DPSH Members
  • 1842 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 26 October 2020 - 07:01 PM

Im pretty sure i know the feeling your talking about. It happens and it feels like things around me dont really exist, that i dont either and that realizing this would make me dissapear into thin air. Its absolutely terrifying. I take medication that has helped a bit. I also feel similar in the fact i have had this feeling before but i just kinda got over it and forgot about it and now it bothers me even more than before.

Yeah, it's just weird how we get it at first, then it goes away and when it comes back, we just don't know how to deal with it... One would think that human beings learn how to deal with something after overcoming it right? Also, let me know if you have any tips on how to 'come back down to earth' when this happens :)

#4 Grindelwald

Grindelwald

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 01:11 AM

Yeah that's everyone, DP makes you think too hard and makes you notice everything too much. 

#5 SharasZzzz

SharasZzzz

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 07:49 AM

Me too I used to have this before, then it went away, now it’s back and I have no idea what to do, haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users