Does dp/dr ever get better? Even temporarily? - Page 2 - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Does dp/dr ever get better? Even temporarily?

Advice coping help

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#13 marduk

marduk

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 09:45 AM

It can get better and it will for most people, i suffered for 5 years but i am now completely recovered, find something that works for you and stick with it.

#14 Saibon

Saibon

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 10:30 PM

What worked for you?

#15 marduk

marduk

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 06:36 AM

What worked for you?

i made a recovery thread you can read but basically i got used to it and fully accepted it then one day i noticed i have been symptom free for months, would have recovered much sooner if i just stopped obsessing about it.

#16 Saibon

Saibon

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 07:35 AM

Do you still feel anxious, low, depressed sometimes? Like when you don't sleep or when you worked more?

#17 marduk

marduk

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 09:31 AM

Do you still feel anxious, low, depressed sometimes? Like when you don't sleep or when you worked more?

sure i feel anxious sometimes but no dpdr

#18 Findmywayhome

Findmywayhome

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 11:28 AM

It can get better and it will for most people, i suffered for 5 years but i am now completely recovered, find something that works for you and stick with it.

Thanks for the response

I dont know, im worried. The first week I was obviously consumed by anxiety and depression, But that weekend I got my shit together and started living. I was actually doing pretty damn good. I could distract myself from it for 30 minutes at a time and was honestly genuinely mentally ok. I guess I still thought about it a lot, but my anxiety was at a minimum and my depression was gone. Looking back though I remember eating ALOT, which was probably due to stress. But over time it just kept getting worse. Im on week 6 now and I simply can’t distract myself from it anymore. If it still gets worse I cant comprehend how bad it will be a month from now.

Im going to the doctor next week, and I will probably get put on some sort of medication, not sure if that’s advisable.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Advice, coping, help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users