how you can deal with extreme emotional numbness - Page 2 - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

how you can deal with extreme emotional numbness

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#13 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 11:59 AM

i had the same like didi dlpfc left 10htz and right 1 htz

#14 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 08 October 2020 - 01:25 PM

i had the same like didi dlpfc left 10htz and right 1 htz

So, it is the same procedure as that case report I gave a link to. Either the number of sessions were to few or you have to try the two other locations I wrote about. These are locations not formally approved for clinical use yet. So, you can stay for 5-10.years on this forum and debate your emotions and then it could be formally approved in Europe and Germany in 5-10.years time or you could try to make a serious effort to try to come in treatment in Italy with your major depression. 

#15 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 01:40 PM

next week i have an appointment at a private rtms clinic. so what do you think which region i have try on left and right side...they have neuronavigation and theta burst

#16 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 08 October 2020 - 01:55 PM

next week i have an appointment at a private rtms clinic. so what do you think which region i have try on left and right side...they have neuronavigation and theta burst

Ok, but they likely don’t have a deep coil so they can treat the locations I wrote about. They likely only have a normal 8.coil that can go 1.cm into the brain. So, you end up with the left and right DLPFC as the only locations if that is the case.

if there is a absence of anxiety in your state it could indicate the a irreversible MAOI could be tried. You have to be on a diet where you most not eat many types of fermented foods like old cheese, red whine. Beer and white wine are ok. There must a irreversible MAOI used in Germany for refractory depressions. Depression without anxiety is usually a good indication for trying a MAOI.

#17 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 03:42 AM

and why not a reversible maoi

#18 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 03:50 AM

i had despair and anxiety by the thought when i stay forever in this disorder, ihad not anxietx about normal living actions even by scary actions

#19 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 03:52 AM

mg did you try maoi ? it could be dangerous sometimes due to side effects. or is this incorrect

#20 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 09 October 2020 - 05:29 AM

A reverseble MAO is not regarded as very effective. So, it is the very old irreversible MAOI that came out as the first ones more 60.years ago that is used when tried. The side effects are often very few is one keeps a diet. If ones breaks the diet and not come to hospital fast it can be fatal. That is very they are so rarely used. In Denmark it almost only prescribed by psychiatrists who are also doctors at hospitals and often university lectures that might see private patients for some hours a week who prescribed them. They are often used if ECT fails and there are not a state a general anxiety that often is with a depression. An absence of anxiety and many somatic symptoms in a depression is often seen as a indication to try a MAOI.

#21 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 06:43 AM

MG Why is this so that it works when no anxiety and less somatic symptoms is given ? I have less somatic symptoms and less anxiety

#22 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 06:47 AM

and what it means that it is irrersible, i read that it takes weeks to come back to the old homöostasis or your brain is changed for ever ?

#23 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 06:48 AM

which meds made you the most numb ?

#24 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 09 October 2020 - 07:31 AM

“MAOIs act by inhibiting the activity of MAO and preventing the breakdown of monoamine neurotransmitters (serotonin and NE), thereby increasing their availability. Inhibition may be reversible or irreversible. When an MAOI covalently binds to the enzyme, it is irreversibly inhibited and the enzyme is permanently deactivated.3 Enzyme activity cannot be restored until the body replaces the enzyme through new enzyme synthesis. Restoration of full activity can take up to 2 weeks. Tranylcypromine and phenelzine, the most commonly prescribed MAOIs, are nonselective, irreversible inhibitors of isoforms MAO-A and MAO-B. Tranylcypromine was originally developed as an amphetamine analogue and thus also has some amphetamine-like effects.“

https://www.psychiat...itors-revisited

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users