how you can deal with extreme emotional numbness - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

how you can deal with extreme emotional numbness

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 05:25 AM

my obsessive hyperaware vicious cycle about my numbness, which leads nonstop to my thought " i cant tolerate to live with it because life is meaningless than", to that thought i cant giving me an answer that makes me soothto whom how has this kind of dp, with which mindset you started to stop this never ending loop without being frustrated not to feel something by acting for example with friends or everything. i am so broken and suicidal now by constant hyperawareness, so less sleep and drinking alcohol.

#2 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 05:38 AM

its like a mental auto-immun disease which fights automatically every second against your mind

#3 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 06:18 AM

for me not to feel is so absolute terrifying and to forget that never ending loop thought is like when i say to you "switch off your consciousness" and you would say its not possible only when i get narcotic or when i died

#4 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 10:08 AM

i dont come out of this, please please please help me

#5 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 568 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 08 October 2020 - 10:21 AM

Just reading the headline with use of “numbness” I knew it was by “RunToMe”. Yes, that is a pathological obsession of yours like the idea that you have depersonalization disorder when you have major depression. Your complaint about insomnia and lack of appetite is related to major depression. So, your situation is in many ways far more serious than depersonalization. 

I really don’t know what to do because I have the impression that even advice of where to get treatment it not put into action. You likely don’t have the energy. The only energy you have is to sit a look constantly on this forum as a solution to the Gordian knot in your head. It will never come partly because this is a depersonalization site and not a major depression site. Even a professor who specializes in depersonalization says that you do no have depersonalization, but major depression. 

Obsessive ruminations and emotional anhedonia is linked in to a major depression network, Jonathan Downar who is one of leading depression researcher in rTMS says the a group that particularly responds to rTMS at the right orbital frontal cortex are marked by anhedonia and a obsessive like network in the brain. They feel that the emotions are gone. There is nothing. In reality it is because they are caught in a obsessive like network of negative ruminations that does they can’t feel anything. In reality the emotions are still there but this obsessive ruminations network does they are outside other networks with pleasure, rewards and emotions. With rTMS at this location they inhibit this obsessive network that makes the feeling of anhedonia. When that is done the emotions come back. 

i have referred you to the only rTMS in Europe that have the equipment to treat it these locations in Europe six months ago. A location that also have rejected me and to work with depersonalization, -a disorder you do not have. Because they use coils that is not approved for clinical use yet but only research they can work at locations only currently used in research . This was turned down as your extremely sick idea of having depersonalization disorder is something you not can break out of. So, the obsessive network that makes the anhedonia also have an obsessive delusion  that you will not let go of, - you have depersonalization disorder. If you contacted the location I refers you to that will not work with depersonalization but likely major depression witch you have, you would with you obsessive and dunk brain have insisted on having depersonalization and not depression, -and they would have turned you down. So, the idea of having depersonalization is to me linked to the obsessive network that makes your emotional numbing. Your are like a dog hunting it’s own tail. You will never get it. 

https://www.youtube....h?v=zfBG0d5Oj3c

You likely do not have the energy to structure to do anything that looking constantly on this site that will not bring you anywhere. It would be nice if there was a 3.party that could act on your behalf so a you could try other rTMS locations for depression. 

#6 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 10:37 AM

mg: i only know ,my symptom and that is numbness...how you call it i dont care and i dont say it isnt depression...there is a big intersection of depression or dp...and  a lot of dp ppl has this numbness symptoms and the exterm obsession thing...so please give me help to get out of numbness...for example how you live with your numbness...you can live with it without worrying

#7 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 10:49 AM

mg i only want help and a diagnosis discussion...here in this forum i find more accordance than on other forums...for example the member "didi" had the most simililarity to me and she didnt knew if she had dp or depression....its only a scream to the world to get help

#8 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 11:03 AM

mg: thank you for your constant help, but i need in my hell...maybe your are a role model to live in numbness and how you do it in your mindset

#9 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 568 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 08 October 2020 - 11:14 AM

You can get treatment for major depression symptoms you have but not for depersonalization. The locations I would wanted you to try are likely also related to depersonalization but as I wrote they will not go into depersonalization. These are locations that plays a role in depression and in obsessions, You do not have depersonalization so it do matter what you call it as the treatment options are far better for major depression than for depersonalization as it is better understood. I will not go into pointless debates about how I fell as it is just related to your obsessions and do nothing about it. I am not interested in your symptoms debates either as it leads nowhere. You asked for help and come out of your situation and that is what I try to give you. Every debate about symptoms, how you or other feels brings you nowhere. Your situation will be the same the rest of your life if you just want to debate your obsessions about your emotions and not act to brake your situation. 

#10 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 568 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 08 October 2020 - 11:18 AM

mg i only want help and a diagnosis discussion...here in this forum i find more accordance than on other forums...for example the member "didi" had the most simililarity to me and she didnt knew if she had dp or depression....its only a scream to the world to get help

“Didi” did not have depersonalization either but major depression with secondary symptoms of depersonalization. That is likely why there was a response to rTMS at locations she tried. Anhedonia or emotional numbness is a feature of major depression too.

#11 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 11:23 AM

i know i have the same diagnosis like her and i made rtms there but unfortunately it didnt helped me

#12 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 568 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 08 October 2020 - 11:51 AM

i know i have the same diagnosis like her and i made rtms there but unfortunately it didnt helped me

I really do not know what locations you have tried the place you where in the Nederland. They only have equipment to treat at the left DLPFC with high frequency and right DLPFC  with low frequency that is the norm for 95% of rTMS clinics. There are one case report where a where these locations is combined. You might not have tried that or should have had more session. But, these locations only produce a response in 50% with depression and it could simply be that you don’t respond at these locations. So, you could try other depression locations like the dorsomedial prefrontal cortex that also works for In many with OCD, PTSD. Many with depression and PTSD saw their PTSD go away with their depression at a research facility in Canada. It is a location very active in depersonalization too.I would like to try this location if I could.  You need a deep coil to treat there. The other location is the right orbito frontal cortex that is a location that works particularly in depression with anhedonia. People feel emotions are gone and it is related to a very obsessive network with ruminations are a at play. Emotions are not gone but people can not come out of a network with negative obsessive ruminations they can not brake. They are trapped there. These locations can only be done with a deep coil not approved for clinical use yet. But, it is used at one place in Europe for depression. You can likely treat 85% of all depressions with rTMS if you try these 3.locations. You might have partially have tried one of them. If you shall contact the other place you shall never used the word depersonalization or think you have it. That is a closed door and rejections. You do not have it either so It should not be a problem. 

https://twin.sci-hub.../karris2017.pdf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users