Steriods - Treatment Options - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Steriods

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 whatislife

whatislife

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 09:49 PM

Does anyone know if steroids would effect DPDR? Wondering if they could alleviate symptoms or make them worse

#2 XXX

XXX

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 01:19 PM

Fucking worst. Did Testosterone and Nandrolone... Felt like SHITT but crazy gains.

The only that actually helped my symptoms and my mood is HGH. Took 5 UI a day... Super Fucking expensive. Its interesting because I read in a paper that HGH had some effects about reducing glutamate in the brain.

#3 leminaseri

leminaseri

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 01:39 PM

Fucking worst. Did Testosterone and Nandrolone... Felt like SHITT but crazy gains.

The only that actually helped my symptoms and my mood is HGH. Took 5 UI a day... Super Fucking expensive. Its interesting because I read in a paper that HGH had some effects about reducing glutamate in the brain.

can you please explain a little more about that hgh? and how it affects your symptoms?

#4 XXX

XXX

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 03:30 PM

Its Human Growth Hormone norditropine . Nearly impossible to have a prescription you have to buy it black market. Bodybuilders take it to increase muscle synthesize. Less racing thoughts less anxiety better mood. + 500-1000 US / week for treatment. Needle under the skin for administration. Need to monitor blood because it can speed up prolifaration of an existing cancer.

#5 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 568 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 04 October 2020 - 03:45 PM

Depersonalization is partly a parasympathetic related immobilization response. So, hormones that are related to sympathetic nervous system and fight and flight responses are likely affected and low.

I also think that hormones related to social bounding like oxytocin are affected. If depersonalization is a shut down response hormones related to extroversion and social bounding will like also be affected. I also think it is the case in major depression.

#6 XXX

XXX

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 02:41 PM

I do not understand what your saying has a
link with stéroïdes.

#7 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 568 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 05 October 2020 - 03:27 PM

The sources for these speculations are many but there are found abnormalities in the anatomic nervous system that likely also will be reflected in hormones. But, it is not a hormonal disorder. https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4374468/

#8 XXX

XXX

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 06:00 PM

Men.... Seriously you are going to far. The main reason is that Testosterone has an effect on thyroïde which in turn influences brain function. Probably noradreline pathways temporary alteration. That’s it. Don’t need to go further then that.

#9 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 568 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 05 October 2020 - 07:04 PM

We know from several studies in depersonalization but also in depression that changes found in the anatomic nervous system, heart rate variability ect. are a result of a “top down” from the brain to the body. Emotional regulation in the prefrontal cortex can effect the body. That is also why they write that the changes found are not centrally mediated. It is not a bottom-up from body to the brain. So, trying to manipulate with the body with hormones or various techniques will have a very limited effect on the state.

#10 leminaseri

leminaseri

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 07:20 PM

We know from several studies in depersonalization but also in depression that changes found in the anatomic nervous system, heart rate variability ect. are a result of a “top down” from the brain to the body. Emotional regulation in the prefrontal cortex can effect the body. That is also why they write that the changes found are not centrally mediated. It is not a bottom-up from body to the brain. So, trying to manipulate with the body with hormones or various techniques will have a very limited effect on the state.

i just asked you a question at another thread (with jeffrey abugel) it would be very nice if you can reply..

#11 XXX

XXX

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 04:18 AM

The sources for these speculations are many but there are found abnormalities in the anatomic nervous system that likely also will be reflected in hormones. But, it is not a hormonal disorder. https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4374468/

Maye-Gross, pls take contact with me on the messenger I can’t send you a message. Thks

#12 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 568 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 06 October 2020 - 05:48 AM

Maye-Gross, pls take contact with me on the messenger I can’t send you a message. Thks

No.  I have closed my messenger as the alternative was to delete my profile. To be contacted daily by 2-3.people where many do not even read my reply or links. Asking about the same thing again and again, if I didn’t have the option to close messenger I have asked for my profile to be totally deleted. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users