again afraid of becoming psychotic - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

again afraid of becoming psychotic

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 leminaseri

leminaseri

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 September 2020 - 06:10 PM

hey guys, today it was actually a good day for me. since yesterday, i was being able to feel a few (slight) emotions, like being hyped (of a football game) or weekend. tomorrow i will make a trip to my girlfriend and im also looking forward for that. (im still very depersonalized and derealized)

but today suddenly i noticed a changed perception of colours. and my perception of noises were anyway very distorted. then i thought about my mood swing in the last days. and the last thing was sometimes i get slight thoughts like, im in the train and „they are talking about me“ or my mother stands up from my side and sits somewhere else and i think „she doesnt love me“. but i know those thoughts are not real but can those be the begin of a psychosis? i had readen a few explanations, where psychotic people at the outset also know those thoughts are absurd. and for me its actually like that too.

well im nomore being that afraid of becoming like that because its very good treatable but despite. maybe i have opportunities for early treating and prevent the outset..

#2 lost235

lost235

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 05:20 PM

Hi leminaseri! I don’t know if you’re still struggling with these thoughts, but from my perspective you’re definitely not going psychotic. It honestly just sounds like plain old anxiety. For me, those thoughts have come and gone but they’re super normal when dealing with anxiety. It’s easy to always assume the worst but if you look up the symptoms for anxiety one of them is definitely the feeling of being judged by others, even if it’s totally rational and deep down you know it is. I truly hope that you’re doing well, and please don’t think you’re going into a psychosis, you’re most likely not. Wishing you all the best!

#3 lost235

lost235

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 October 2020 - 05:21 PM

#4 leminaseri

leminaseri

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 12:36 AM

Hi leminaseri! I don’t know if you’re still struggling with these thoughts, but from my perspective you’re definitely not going psychotic. It honestly just sounds like plain old anxiety. For me, those thoughts have come and gone but they’re super normal when dealing with anxiety. It’s easy to always assume the worst but if you look up the symptoms for anxiety one of them is definitely the feeling of being judged by others, even if it’s totally rational and deep down you know it is. I truly hope that you’re doing well, and please don’t think you’re going into a psychosis, you’re most likely not. Wishing you all the best!

thank you so much for reply.

its very interesting, but after a few days i had made this post, my
psychosis fears disappeared almost instantly because i read a line what said:“ if i would have a predisposition for psychosis, i had so fucktons of stress in my life it would be triggered long ago.“

and that had killed my psychosis fears instantly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users