weed induced dpdr versus other causes - Page 3 - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

weed induced dpdr versus other causes

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#25 leminaseri

leminaseri

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 03:10 PM

It doesnt matter how long youve had an anxiety disorder, you can still reverse it. The only difference made by time is how ingrained the habit of freaking out is. But having an ingrained reaction to things does not mean your stuck with it forever. Anxiety is totally managable. Its the dpdr that is sticky. And many people recover from dpdr after managing the anxiety they have but not always the case cause something else might be causing it.

i dont know what causes my dpdr. thats the problem. i know i have anxiety but after i had did it to overcome my chronic dpdr i had gotten so often panic attacks and despite i did not relapsed. my current case is very very weird

#26 Saibon

Saibon

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 04:25 PM

I was just scaring that guy

#27 Saibon

Saibon

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 04:26 PM

😂 don't worry it's all cool, you will be fine eventually

#28 mezz

mezz

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 04:04 PM

Wtf am I reading. Anxiety can't be cured if it's a disorder? That's total BS. Getting a diagnosis based on ongoing symptoms doesn't change what's going on and that it can be cured.
I prefer to say one can get rid of it as it's not a disease in that sense. Disorder or no disorder, diagnosis or no diagnosis, one can get out of it.

Regarding to how weed induced vs other causes well, they are the same thing in the sense that one freaks out over something and then gets trapped into that state of fear/anxiety/SNS overdrive and spiraling in the thoughts created by the initial trigger. When it's weed induced it's often easier to accept like "yup, weed can do that" whereas accepting an unknown cause is different.

Either way the key, if it's certainly dr/dp (and not something neurological mistaken for it) is to learn to accept life as it is. Fear/anxiety/SNS overdrive, manifestations of and symptoms of, including dp/dr, will fade when acceptance of all feelings is reached. Therapy is very important and never a waste as long as it's right type for the person.

What one believes and learns changes ones physiological response. Negative beliefs, habits, response to scenarios etc. can be replaced by better information and training (therapy).

#29 mezz

mezz

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 04:06 PM

Acceptance and commitment therapy sounds interesting..

#30 Grindelwald

Grindelwald

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 309 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:00 PM

I agree with OP. Weed induced is the only DP I’ve had and I recovered. I can’t speak about other triggers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users