weed induced dpdr versus other causes - Page 2 - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

weed induced dpdr versus other causes

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#13 Saibon

Saibon

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 03:02 AM

Yea it can be treated and reversed but if one has more than 7 years it's impossible to make any significant change.

#14 leminaseri

leminaseri

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 09:02 AM

There is no cure for anxiety, it can be treated.

https://youtu.be/dfvtyGt6zSc

#15 leminaseri

leminaseri

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 10:06 AM

Yea it can be treated and reversed but if one has more than 7 years it's impossible to make any significant change.

you have to seek immediately professional help if you have an anxiety disorder. who goes through the life 7 years long with anxiety and doest matter wtf is going on? i did knew after a few days what to do and seek for help.

#16 forestx5

forestx5

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1296 posts
  • Locationcentral virginia blue ridge mountains

Posted 10 September 2020 - 09:09 AM

I see cannabis as a trigger, more than a cause. Which makes the argument moot, IMHO.

#17 leminaseri

leminaseri

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 06:07 PM

I see cannabis as a trigger, more than a cause. Which makes the argument moot, IMHO.

im talking about that traumatizing bad trip, what is caused from cannabis. not just to smoke weed

#18 forestx5

forestx5

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1296 posts
  • Locationcentral virginia blue ridge mountains

Posted 11 September 2020 - 05:20 AM

I smoked a couple joints with 4 friends. I had a traumatizing bad trip.  My friends enjoyed themselves.

Was there something in the smoke, or something in me?

#19 Saibon

Saibon

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 08:07 AM

It was in you, take it like that, if smoke haven't triggered you that day maybe after some days or months or years, something else might had you bring to this state, like someone's death or failing semester or anything which can put you on high anxiety situation in minimum time & your brain just switched off permanently.

#20 Saibon

Saibon

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 08:10 AM

Our brain was designed in such a way that it had to end like this but be grateful you have atleast seen some part of reality in childhood, it's sad that you will not see it again but we can rewind and think about that beautiful days atleast.

#21 leminaseri

leminaseri

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 10:30 AM

I smoked a couple joints with 4 friends. I had a traumatizing bad trip. My friends enjoyed themselves.
Was there something in the smoke, or something in me?

Our brain was designed in such a way that it had to end like this but be grateful you have atleast seen some part of reality in childhood, it's sad that you will not see it again but we can rewind and think about that beautiful days atleast.

you dont understand guys.

im saying dpdr which is caused by ONE traumatic event (it doesnt matter why you got that bad trip. the reasons for your dissociation are those traumatizing, horrific feelings, fears and panic you do experiencing DURING the bad trip. not everyone with a bad childhood dissociates. i have a lot of friends they dont even know what dissociation is and they have had a bad childhood or get bullied and mobbed) you get dpdr due to the bad trip. because before you did smoked, you wasnt being dissociated. i had gotten my first dpdr due to the bad trip and it was completely different for me compared with now.

with a bad trip you have a really severe and traumatic event what causes your dissociation. you know always what actually did caused your dissociation.

but with emotional causes there is not ONE big thing and not ONE SPECIAL TRIGGER. there are a lot of long term issues over the years which accumulate and when this causes a dissociation its much much much harder than a dissociative state which was caused by ONE traumatic event.

my brain has to process 20-30 cases from the past. how the fuck should be this done.

#22 badsidejoe

badsidejoe

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 12:46 PM

Yeah, maybe you are right. For me it was the one bad trip which initiated it all. The problem is I had a blackout that night (I was drunk as hell and got put on xtc) The only picture in my head regarding that night is me shivering in a corner of a festival area crying.
I can not process what I can't remember. Fuck that.

#23 leminaseri

leminaseri

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 12:58 PM

wtf are you talking about? you did written here often you are recovered?

#24 Emptyflask

Emptyflask

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 02:07 PM

It doesnt matter how long youve had an anxiety disorder, you can still reverse it. The only difference made by time is how ingrained the habit of freaking out is. But having an ingrained reaction to things does not mean your stuck with it forever. Anxiety is totally managable. Its the dpdr that is sticky. And many people recover from dpdr after managing the anxiety they have but not always the case cause something else might be causing it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users