Obsessed with Covid-19 - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Obsessed with Covid-19

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chiara699

Chiara699

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 28 August 2020 - 05:39 AM

Hi guys!
is there anyone else here who's having trouble during the pandemic? I recovered multiple times in the past from bouts of DP but this time it's kind of different.

I was quite good at handling the stress of lockdown etc for the first months. I even finished all my exams and I wasn't even so bothered by it, except for constantly checking when borders would open since my boyfriend is working abroad and I haven't seen him in 8 months :/

But then last week I read the news that borders weren't gonna open before 2021, then I got a very bad cold, I got scared, at the same time cases are rising again here (Italy), I was in the house for a week and that reminded me of lockdown (some sort of PTSD). So I started researching obsessively about if, how and when this will be over and I learnt during my DP bouts that this is something you should never do because the internet is BRUTAL. And also, I have this weird thought that even when things go back to normal I will not be able to be normal again. This is exactly the same thing I thought while recovering from DP and I know it's a trick of my brain.

Now I'm stuck into this loop and I can't think about anything else. All the things that kept me going and gave me hope and joy just seem blah now. I don't think this is the typical DP I've experienced in the past because I'm functional, and it wasn't triggered by a panic attack like all the others. but all the symptoms are mildly there. The thing that especially makes me sad is that I don't really wanna talk to my boyfriend, even though he's extremely supportive and I love him very much.

I know DP very well by now and I'm not THAT scared, definitely bothered though. I plan on going back to my university city next month because that might give me some feeling of normalcy and I just hate my hometown. Has anyone been through similar things during these dire times?

#2 Jason39

Jason39

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 September 2020 - 11:31 PM

Covid19 is nothing comparing to other problems. 25000 people die each day from a cancer. Why is that not a pandemic? First cause of death worldwide is hunger. Fuck covid

#3 dissoziation

dissoziation

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 09:16 PM

Yeah, I've been having trouble with my DPDR while the whole COVID pandemic has been going on. But for me, I'm less worried about getting sick, but I've been having trouble being cooped up in my house. This is no life to live.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users