Wisdom Teeth Removal - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Wisdom Teeth Removal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 leoflowerchild

leoflowerchild

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 10:33 AM

Hi guys! I unfortunately have to have all four of my impacted wisdom teeth out in two weeks. I will be put under general anesthesia. Freaking out, not due to the surgery, but my fear of what I will feel like waking up. I can’t handle behind high from weed. Instantly triggers very intense derealization for me. Have a low level of derealization on a day to day basis, but nothing overpowering unless I talk myself into a panic attack (more like a derealization attack). Oral surgeon prescribed me Xanax to take an hour before surgery, then I will have Valium and other strong anesthesia medicines through IV for the surgery. Know I will be asleep during the actual surgery, but can anyone help me figure out how I will feel upon wake up? Does it feel like a “weed” high? Or different? Really hoping for the latter, as weed highs instantly make me separate from reality, puke, and call the ambulance on myself :-) please help!! In desperate need of some reassurance here.

#2 SJ00

SJ00

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 August 2020 - 03:48 AM

Hope it all goes well for you and they sort out your teeth, you’ll be ok!! Ive had surgery before and although it’s a little daunting being in there and basically being put to sleep, they know what they’re doing and they’ll sort you out. Try to be calm and just know that you’ll be all good. I don’t remember feeling any different when I woke up besides general pain from the surgery which subsided within a few days. It’ll be ok :) Promise

#3 luluinthefog

luluinthefog

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 26 August 2020 - 03:26 PM

I was SO scared to get my wisdom teeth taken out for the same reason. It's really not that bad. You will wake up veeeeerrryy calm. I vaguely remember throwing the dentist a peace sign a few seconds after I woke up, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users