Dreams, experiences and interpretations. - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Dreams, experiences and interpretations.

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 Rozanne

Rozanne

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 3090 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:18 PM

I had a dream...

Okay, I had to start the thread like this because last night I had a dream about black minister.

It went like this:

To start with, I am in my mum's house, in her room. In her double bed there is a very poorly man. I am taking care of him. He is do delirious and unwell, he is slipping in and out of consciousness, quite oblivious to anything else going on in the world. I doubt he even knows where he is, or that I am taking care of him, he is that unwell. I watch on, do what I can and hope for the best. There is no way of knowing if he is going to live or die, but in this dream, it is known that medical help is not going to save him. He needs to rest and regenerate, so I attend to him as best I can but I am worried as well.

He makes a recovery and we go on a boat trip. He has now changed in appearance to an ex-boyfriend's older brother (who I admit I was attracted to). We go on an impulse trip to the Antarctic, which in this world of dreams, is a normal place for young couples to go. But we don't see any ice or bergs. The boat is quite touristy and we don't have a place to sleep or rest, but only a table at which to read newspapers. The boat speeds along really quite fast, over a cold blue ocean and it seems that the destination is different from where we left off.

Something else happens on this trip to do with gambling but I can't remember what that was.

When we arrive, in a dream-like way, we "wake-up" in a nicely appointed residential street. I think I literally wake up on the ground outside one of the houses there, and he is down the road. We meet and he remarks on the the significance of the house behind me.

We are basically loitering, looking for a B&B and there are kids hanging around on bikes (like the kids on my street did when I grew up). Everytime I say how nice the place is, they immediately draw my attention to this one particular house and say the street would be better off without this particular family.

In this way, my curiousity is ignited and I go towards this house to find out who lives there -- whether they really are as bad as people keep saying. The young man I am with takes me round the back, through a courtyard style garden, through another piece of building into a recreation room. Inside there is a little black boy playing computer games and I say hello. Apparently his parents have welcomed us in an know we are here - so we are not trespassing. The man and the boy are talking about games and I soak in the atmosphere and detail of the place.

Over to the left, there are toys chained to the walls, and to my right a very meticulously kept desk which has been covered by tracing paper and labelled with a postit note. I think that the father of the house much had gotten up early in the morning to prepare the desk like this, and that this is a very organised family. There isn't much clutter...in fact there is very little "stuff" to speak of, but there is a TV and a pile of games or videos.

I am in need of borrowing on of these and the man negotiates this for me, but I will strictly have to return it soon after I have had a look.

The little boy leads us out into the yard and I meet the mum. She is a white woman of medium posture and simple in a slightly ignorant sort of way, but she is, by the same token, facilitative and kind. She is trying to describe the way things work around there. It is as if she runs the place on a business-like level and I am keen to know what exactly this involves. I just want to get to the bottom of what this place is an who these people are. Everything is shielded from me and the encounters amount to, it seems, nothing more than clues. The father is a black man of middle age. He is quite well built, slightly overweight, but detailed in his approach. His aura is calm, strong and self-assured. Without a shade of mortal doubt, this is the person running the place. I get the feeling it is a bit of a dictatorship, but that this also accounts for the sense of order and tidiness of the place.

At the beginning of the dream, due to what the children were saying outside, I was under the impression that this family were on benefits, however on meeting some of the members and seeing the fine order of the place, it seems the family does have a business and it is run on site, possibly. I feel a bit scrutinised by the dad because of his conscientiousness....and frankly it is intimidating.

Later on, I walk into the father's bedroom accidentally and it has a massive black leather bed...needless to say I exit immediately and hope that he didn't see my misguided entrance. But in any case, he must have left the door open so I thought there was some openness there to begin with.

Right, I go out on a business errand with the mother and we are in a restaurant or eatery. It is my job to note down some accounting details and I basically make a mistake which causes some public humilation on my part. To resolve this we have to go back to the house pretty sharpish, and that is where the next two parts of the dream happen.

The first part is where I am on my own in the living room of the house. I walk towards the back and the riddle of the profession of the dad is revealed to me in quite a spectacular and terribly intimidating way. The back of the living room is a church and it has a very high ceiling. I am so afraid of walking into this space I actually edge round the side to try and find a door. There is something ominous about the whole thing that I cannot put words to. In any case, I have the very strong feeling that I do not belong there and I must get out, that walking into that part of the room would in fact be trespassing. It belongs to the dad.

So I go out into the back garden and there are lots of people out there. We are sitting on a big slope and there are all of the sons of the minister before me. They are all handsome young black men between the ages of about 10 and 25. There are about 14 of them and they are peaceful and welcoming. I am as it happens sitting at the bottom side of the gathering looking up at them, and there are two girls behind me. One of them is my cousin (and attractive girl of about 25) and the other is a woman I knew from a Buddhist Centre I used to frequent. For some reason, my cousin does an impromptu performance of a pop song and it's pretty raunchy in its intent. She is sort of hanging onto the other girl for support though and she in turn is hanging onto me by holding onto my head.

The end.

• Validating
  • 969 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 05:32 PM

Good, because I had one last night that I would like an opinion on.
will get back to you soon.

• Validating
  • 969 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:11 PM

I was standing in someones back garden, I am an adult and there is a boy standing next to me. There is a pit full of mud and what appears to be some old pipes in it, the boy is about to step into the pit but at the last second I notice that the pipes are actually snakes. I drag the boy back and tell him not to go into the pit. A lady is now standing in the back garden as well but she says that there is no snakes in there, what are you talking about. She walks over to the pit and a snake jumps out and bites her on the ankle, but she doesnt seemed worried, it then bites her on the face, again she is not worried. Well all this is happening I am standing watching her thinking she is going to die and she doesnt even care.
The end.

#4 Rozanne

Rozanne

• DPSH Members
  • 3090 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:19 PM

I can't give a comprehensive interpretation, but the bit about the woman sticks out at me because it reminds me of the feeling of being unprotected by my mother. Did you have a mum who denied the negativity going on around you?

• Validating
  • 969 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:28 PM

I was invisible to my mother, she was never there for me emotionally.
She provided clothes, food, shelter, etc etc etc but she didnt protect me from my introspection.

#6 Rozanne

Rozanne

• DPSH Members
  • 3090 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:39 PM

I feel quite defensive because personally I think introversion is an undervalued aspect of human nature.

Aside from that, I am sorry to hear you felt invisible to her. I know the feeling.

• Validating
  • 969 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:50 PM

I think introversion is an undervalued aspect of human nature.

Like everything in life it has a good and bad side.
No ideas on the dream?

#8 Rozanne

Rozanne

• DPSH Members
  • 3090 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:09 PM

Well, I'm not a professional or anything, but my ideas were along these lines:

Young boy - your young self
Mud - the shadow ie the dark content of your mind

You perceive danger in his venturing into this pit, so you hold him back from it to protect him.

The lady is I assume your mother, but approached from the adult-mind you have now. She is different in her world-view to you and denies that there are bad things in your past to be scared of.

There is a paradox here. On the one hand she seems invulnerable to the negative content, but on the other hand you are worried about her being "killed off" by the negative content.

By facing up to your past, you would be uncovering negative feelings and thoughts on her which may destroy any idealised view you may have previously held.

This is just a general interpretation...to be honest it is just an amalgomation of common themes I have read about, so take it with a pinch of salt if it isn't true.

• Validating
  • 969 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:16 PM

I think you are right, the view I try to maintain of my mother is slowly being broken down by continually talking about my past, in fact it is how I opened my thread on this forum if you have had a chance to look at it.
I really want to discuss some of these issues with her but feel it will harm her.

#10 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2007 - 06:19 AM

Hey Rozanne,

Would you do me the favour of interpreting this dream for me.

I am in a room full of people, the people are all unfamiliar to me, it seems they are all trying to get out off the house, there is a real sense of urgency but if you leave the house via the windows or doors you will melt, you would think that situation would be quite scary, but it wasnít, I just kept thinking why do these people keep trying this?

There was no feeling of me being trapped, just all of these people frantically trying to get out, why?
I felt no fear, I wasnít part of it, I was just seeing it happen.

Greg

#11 Rozanne

Rozanne

• DPSH Members
  • 3090 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:22 PM

Dear Greg,
I see this as a very positive dream in some respects.

Starting first with the fact you are seeing it as if outiside of yourself - this shows a second layer of awareness which is giving you the space to see yourself and your life from the outside. That can be a bad thing (depersonalisation) but I believe it can also be beneficial used sparingly for gaining insight into one's life from an outside view.

In this dream, I think you are gaining conscious awareness of that you are okay with the parts of yourself that you cannot/shouldnot necessarily express. In the dream, you are still perplexed that these things seem to want to break-free, probably because you are sure of yourself in your family life. But as you indicate - it is a crisis of a sort of "horror-show" genre that you almost can't take seriously.

The fact the people don't have name and you don't know any of them could mean something. Perhaps that you, on the conscious level, do not actually feel familiar with these parts of yourself?

Love Roz

#12 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2007 - 05:49 PM

Thanks for taking the time Rozanne.

I am glad you found a positive in that dream.
What you said does make sense to me.

Greg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users