Does anyone else experience dissociation as a degenerative condition - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Does anyone else experience dissociation as a degenerative condition

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 iamsufferingalotlmao

iamsufferingalotlmao

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 04:55 PM

My dissociation has been slowly getting worse for 18 months. When it gets worse, it is like I am sent further into a different level of awareness/degree of consciousness.  Much in the same way that it is difficult to describe being drunk to someone who has never been drunk, words fall short when I try to describe how I experience dissociation as a degenerative disease. It feels like a certain chunk of my brain has slowly eroded. Each time I get worse, I experience reality in a fundamentally more dissociated way. Its like a whole different part of the brain system you take for granted as being stable takes jumps back. This is why it is almost impossible for me to describe to my doctors, as I feel like I fall outside of the current medical knowledge.

Does anyone else have similar experiences? I've had spect scans, eeg's, mri's, and qeeg's that pretty much rule out real brain damage, so that is that. What could possibly be happening?

#2 SJ00

SJ00

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 06:30 PM

Do you have any other mental health conditions like anxiety ?

#3 Fae

Fae

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 06:51 PM

Idk what could be happening to cause this but i experiance the same thing. Its like moving through different planes of reality. Neverending and each state different.

#4 iamsufferingalotlmao

iamsufferingalotlmao

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 07:12 PM

#5 iamsufferingalotlmao

iamsufferingalotlmao

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 07:15 PM

Psychological no. I have the most bizarre hellish neurological symptoms. I relate most to people when they describe seizure auras, but constant. Complete brain meltdown, confusion, torture. Nearly impossible to describe.

#6 iamsufferingalotlmao

iamsufferingalotlmao

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 07:16 PM

Idk what could be happening to cause this but i experiance the same thing. Its like moving through different planes of reality. Neverending and each state different.

does it just get worse?

#7 SJ00

SJ00

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 08:21 PM

does it just get worse?

Did you take/do anything for this all to happen? Or it just came out of nowhere and you have no idea why. Before the 18 months you felt fine and one day you woke up and felt different ?

#8 SJ00

SJ00

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 08:30 PM

Sorry I just noticed you said it’s been getting worse for the past 18 months, so you had it beforehand as well obviously just not as severe? Is there anything that makes it worse ? Or all of this happens by itself randomly?

#9 iamsufferingalotlmao

iamsufferingalotlmao

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 08:35 PM

Sorry I just noticed you said it’s been getting worse for the past 18 months, so you had it beforehand as well obviously just not as severe? Is there anything that makes it worse ? Or all of this happens by itself randomly?

I’ve had it incredibly severe for 18 months after a bad night with weed. The severity of it knows no bounds and just gets worse. Also it is chronic, it doesn’t just come and go. Nothing seems to make it worse except these aura anxiety type things that leave me permanently worse.

#10 SJ00

SJ00

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 08:45 PM

Hmm yeah there’s a trend on here with weed and feeling this way. You’ve probably heard it before too, someone smokes and then has a panic attack and feels this way, but you say you don’t have anxiety/panic so I’m as lost as you are at the moment. I don’t think getting scans are going to help and will probably make you feel even more lost because they rule out physical issues like a tumour or epilepsy which you don’t have since they came back fine. What’s your most debilitating symptom? Whats preventing you from doing things like driving, walking around, etc.

#11 lolwhat

lolwhat

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 10:44 AM

You mean it IS progressive in stages and IT does not get Back to the previous Form & you live from the previous Form and then the Overall awareness/total perception Off All Things Drops again and the total capacity of the 5 senses to Take on Input gets LEss and then you Go on with LEss and a week later it's LEss again...

#12 lolwhat

lolwhat

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 10:46 AM

I can't relate with being hyperaware of everything but rather becoming hyperunaware because I löst more and more space. I Just write because I can relate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users