7 years? - This week I made major progress - Page 2 - Recovery Stories - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

7 years? - This week I made major progress

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#13 WreckingHotelRooms

WreckingHotelRooms

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 978 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 10:22 PM

Abstract

Despite the availability of different classes of drugs for the treatment of depressive and anxiety disorders, there are a number of clinically significant unmet needs, such as a high prevalence of treatment resistance, partial response, subsyndromal symptomatology, recurrence and relapse. With the approval of atypical antipsychotics, which are associated with a lower adverse effect burden than typical antipsychotics, consideration of their off-label use for the treatment of affective disorders and various other psychiatric disorders has become a viable option. However, consideration should be given to the US FDA black box warning indicating that atypical antipsychotics may increase mortality risk, particularly in the elderly population with dementia-related psychosis. There has been much conjecture about the utility of these atypical drugs to facilitate traditional antidepressant therapy, either in combination (from the initiation of therapy) or as adjunctive therapy (in the case of partial/incomplete response). Nevertheless, at present, available evidence from randomized, placebo-controlled trials is sparse, and a formal risk/benefit assessment of the use of these agents in a nonpsychotic patient population is not yet possible. As a representative agent from the atypical antipsychotic class with a novel mechanism of action and a relatively low adverse effect burden, aripiprazole represents an interesting potential treatment for depressive and anxiety disorders. In this review, we focus on the rationale for the use of aripiprazole in these disorders. Preclinical data suggests that aripiprazole has a number of possible mechanisms of action that may be important in the treatment of depressive and anxiety disorders. Such mechanisms include aripiprazole action at serotonin (5-HT) receptors as a 5-HT1A partial receptor agonist, a 5-HT2C partial receptor agonist and a 5-HT2A receptor antagonist. Aripiprazole also acts as a dopamine D2 partial receptor agonist, and has a possible action at adrenergic receptors. Furthermore, aripiprazole may have possible neuroprotective effects. Clinical studies demonstrate that aripiprazole may be useful in the treatment of bipolar depression, major depressive disorder, treatment-resistant depression and possibly anxiety disorders. Clinical data also suggest that aripiprazole may have a lower adverse effect burden than the other atypical drugs. Future research may confirm the potential utility of aripiprazole in the treatment of depressive and anxiety disorders.

- Pubmed as asked for

#14 WreckingHotelRooms

WreckingHotelRooms

• DPSH Members
  • 978 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 10:27 PM

i just got you a quote on the site you asked for by simply googling, literally the first thing that comes up, you didn't do much research, glad you aren't anything to do with my meds, time to open your eyes or stop thinking you know what you are talking about..

#15 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 577 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 17 August 2020 - 02:28 AM

i just got you a quote on the site you asked for by simply googling, literally the first thing that comes up, you didn't do much research, glad you aren't anything to do with my meds, time to open your eyes or stop thinking you know what you are talking about.

Your quote states the same thing as I have said. Aripriprazole is used as a add on to a antidepressant where there have only be a partial response. I have said that you might be given it for anxiety as you are also given Lyrica. You quote do not support you claim that aripriprazole can or is being used for depression as a treatment alone without a the use of a antidepressant. 

#16 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 577 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 17 August 2020 - 05:17 AM

As I wrote I have tried abilify/aripriprazole as it worsened my symptoms within hours. In a publication from the “Depersonalization research Unit” They write that is it their experience that antipsychotics can worsen depersonalization. 

“ However, if

the clinician is not sufficiently alive to the fact that
these are indeed similes or metaphors and that
insight is preserved, a psychotic disorder may be
erroneously diagnosed. We have seen a number of
cases where patients with primary depersonal-
isation had been previously misdiagnosed with
schizophrenia and started on antipsychotic
medications, which had invariably worsened their
symptoms.”

#17 WreckingHotelRooms

WreckingHotelRooms

• DPSH Members
  • 978 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 07:07 AM

Preclinical data suggests that aripiprazole has a number of possible mechanisms of action that may be important in the treatment of depressive and anxiety disorders. 

Now can you go away Doctor, i've got my own. 

#18 WreckingHotelRooms

WreckingHotelRooms

• DPSH Members
  • 978 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 07:13 AM

why you arguing like such a stupid argument? eg, in Bipolar the MOOD part of most patience comes from the AS they also act as mood stabilizers. All medication affects us differently, I know comparing notes on the 25 i've tried, no two people are the same. Also, when starting a med, if you don't ride out the starting symptoms, you will never know how it was gonna settle. I'm done, I came here to help not have a back and forth

#19 Cali1234

Cali1234

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 12:39 PM

Honestly, who cares what it’s used for, just glad your doing well and if you feel like it should help, go for it. All the best luck!

#20 Want2lifeagain

Want2lifeagain

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 04:05 AM

I also use lorazepam / ativan 7 months after I got DPdr .. I feel relaxed and feel more real .. but I still have no emotions .. do you still drink lorazepam until now

#21 Findyourself1997

Findyourself1997

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 09:44 AM

Did u recover from eye floater or did u see any people who recovered from eye floaters ?

#22 WreckingHotelRooms

WreckingHotelRooms

• DPSH Members
  • 978 posts

Posted 26 August 2020 - 03:28 AM

The main point of the tread was lost. It's not about medication, right now I am just on beta blockers. 

It's the huge shift of being from outside my body to in, which was defiantly connected to the emotional block, that's what I want to take away. 

Lyrica is very hard to get legally in NI, very abused medication but world wide 8th most common for depression, yes it has other uses, so many in fact, even it's ability to block pain means my muscles and neck loosen up unlike any benzo can do for me, which stops my headaches etc. Right now i'm fighting that corner. Off Xanax 1.5 years 3mg average cold turkey, oh not nice

#23 WreckingHotelRooms

WreckingHotelRooms

• DPSH Members
  • 978 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 09:25 AM

Did u recover from eye floater or did u see any people who recovered from eye floaters ?

Yeah I did.. I also had blue light thing where you look into the sky and it's like a million worms, had all those visual things, had visual snow too, it's all gone but that wasn't this story, that just took years to fade till it went.. that's a toss up really, first I just lived like i'd always have eye floaters, I think if your DP is that bad it's really such a minor thing compared to others, or take it this way, if that's the worst symptom, people are born with it and never talk about it, let it go

#24 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 09:46 AM

yes, that is really right, that people born with that. honestly i wondered all the time, that people are full of anxiety because of visual disturbances f.e. like the worms. i see especially worms at white walls, in darkness at night or in the sky as long i remember me as a small child. i thought its a sign of normal seeing and every people should have that. i lived with that, without any anxiety or restrictions, it was normal like breathing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users