7 years? - This week I made major progress - Recovery Stories - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

7 years? - This week I made major progress

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 WreckingHotelRooms

WreckingHotelRooms

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 978 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 07:14 PM

Odd for me to make this short. It's not full recovery, not yet, but things have got real clear. 

I have been diagnosed as having "Over Stimulation Anxiety", it often isn't felt but means it's on fight or flight all day, they are changing medications to sort this out and crash the stimulation I have from anxiety. 

I realise this is so true, because after 3 days in hospital, feeling all alone, 4 walls, I was past it, emotionally, physically shaking bad, massive eyes, heart rate of 137, but a blank mind with no thoughts... so what changed?

Well it basically broke me, seeing many doctors and all the tests, I am drained. Not seeing anyone in hospital, it gets long, twice I walked out the front and just broke down and cried, hit rock bottom.. so i couldn't believe when I walked around the hospital towards the end of my stay and i was like "i'm walking in first person", it's just snapped, my vision changed, I now feel in the moment, like many, I didn't have any relief, it was just an hour of staring around... thinking.

I went for a shower in hospital after this, looked at the mirror and I was back, I looked different and I was connected. Again, this was like, oh. Now already I am like, I can't really imagine any other way.. already, it's like, this is what normal life is like, now I feel so much more emotions.. it's raw, the anxiety is super high but it's my body letting the emotional block break, it's gonna happen slowly, but i can feel it's coming, been a few days in my body now, it's not going anywhere, i'm back to first person, emotions of suicide, loneliness, shame, regret, all those things are up front, but i wanna feel, my talk therapist agrees, it's gonna be intense or is anyway, but I got to let the emotions flow, to get myself back, in a way this is the start, or a big kick step to normality. 

Medication - Lorazepam and Beta Blockers for the stimulation. 

Reason this happened? - Broke the emotional barrier with a break down, a proper one, haven't cried in years. God it was good. 

For me, only thing left is depression and anxiety, DP is slipping away, already I find things like playing drums so easy in comparison, i got admitted on Wednesday 6am after no sleep, out Friday, so this has happened really fast. 

100% recovery story coming up, i've been told to get off all screens, my stress level is through the roof, time to take a bit of time out and just enjoy life again. 

Oh and Meds are getting added for depression Abilify is what they are thinking. 

Love you guys and girls 

Clive

#2 Broken

Broken

• DPSH Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 August 2020 - 03:40 AM

Good news man glad you are on the mend. The darkest hour always comes before the dawn

I tried beta blockers once but it made my heart beat really hard on exertion or exercise. Haven't tried lorazepam though, might have to give it a go.

Let us know how your getting on, good luck!

#3 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 577 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 16 August 2020 - 03:54 AM

Abilify is not a antidepressant, but a antipsychotic. Like all atypical antipsychotics it is often used in low does for anxiety and in depression a add on to a antidepressant. As a drug on it own it have no antidepressant properties.

I tried it once in 10.mg and my depersonalization got significantly worse within hours. 

#4 WreckingHotelRooms

WreckingHotelRooms

• DPSH Members
  • 978 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 12:36 PM

Not always true, I've had just AS's in the past for depression such as quietapine and i've felt a mood boost. I've tried Easily 10 SNRI/SSRIs, in combo's as well. AD's don't do anything, yet Lyrica in one day can do more and the team agreed this makes sense. 

I'm not worried, tried 35 meds, my DP doesn't change with them anymore... it's just depression that I need a lift from

#5 WreckingHotelRooms

WreckingHotelRooms

• DPSH Members
  • 978 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 12:38 PM

quote "Abilify is a prescription medicine used to treat the symptoms of schizophrenia, bipolar I disorder (manic depression), and major depressive disorder. Abilify may be used alone or with other medications."

#6 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 577 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 16 August 2020 - 01:49 PM

quote "Abilify is a prescription medicine used to treat the symptoms of schizophrenia, bipolar I disorder (manic depression), and major depressive disorder. Abilify may be used alone or with other medications."

It is correct that Abilify/aripriprazole can be used as mono-therapy in psychotic states, -manic or schizophrenia. But, in depressive states atypical antipsychotics are typically used as a augmentation to a antidepressant where there have been a partial response. This is typically given in a low dose that is 1/3 of the lowest antipsychotic dose. There are no publication on the use of aripriprazole as mono therapy for depression. So, if you read “alone” into the it use in depression there is no basis for it. https://www.thelance...0308-6/fulltext

I do not think you are given abilify for depression but anxiety. 

#7 WreckingHotelRooms

WreckingHotelRooms

• DPSH Members
  • 978 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 05:04 PM

No, you are wrong, just let it go, but hey, okay, just another simple google..

Abilify is also sometimes prescribed to treat symptoms of depression, bipolar disorder, autistic disorder, and Tourette's disorder.

#8 WreckingHotelRooms

WreckingHotelRooms

• DPSH Members
  • 978 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 05:05 PM

MOOD stabilisers make big impacts, been on 25+ meds, trust me i know first hand, but believe what you want, i don't care, give me a lyrica and i love life 

#9 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 577 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 16 August 2020 - 05:48 PM

You can not find any publications on pubmed/medline that support the use of aripriprazole or any other atypical antipsychotics as mono therapy for depression. They are always added to a antidepressant people had a partial response to. 

lyrica is a supplementary anti epileptic related to gabapentine. There are some publications that find that it might be of some benefit for generalized anxiety. You are put on a treatment for anxiety, - not depression.

#10 WreckingHotelRooms

WreckingHotelRooms

• DPSH Members
  • 978 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 09:52 PM

In particular, aripiprazole has shown efficacy as an augmentation option with standard antidepressant therapy in two, large, randomized, double-blind studies. Based on these efficacy and safety data, aripiprazole was recently approved by the FDA as adjunctive therapy for MDD.

#11 WreckingHotelRooms

WreckingHotelRooms

• DPSH Members
  • 978 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 09:55 PM

#12 WreckingHotelRooms

WreckingHotelRooms

• DPSH Members
  • 978 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 10:06 PM

So i get they work better with AD, but here is Pubmed that you asked for. 

As many as 50% to 60% of patients do not respond to ADT. Aripiprazole (Abilify) is an atypical antipsychotic (AAP) and is the only drug approved by Health Canada for the adjunctive treatment of MDD. 

Demonstrate that aripiprazole may be useful in the treatment of bipolar depression, major depressive disorder, treatment-resistant depression and possibly anxiety disorder - https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/18399707/

I agree studies are mostly added, but no i'm not the dark with my treatment, i have my GP's letter which is 5 pages from hospital, i've met with a team of doctors twice. 

Talk Therapy helped feel more normal. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users