I'm losing hope - Page 2 - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

I'm losing hope

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#13 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 520 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 10 August 2020 - 04:03 AM

Things we can do:
L- dopa(real Mucuna) ..... Not levadopa
Ect
Smart TMS
Check for Lyme disease
Clonazepam
Retanil
Adderal
Binaural beats- 3 months
Spiral hypnosis
Emdr
Atropine coma therapy
Buspirone
Valium
Stress releasing exercises
Cycling ***
Wellbutrin (new latest)
Perfenan (poof in 3 days 2mg)
TRE
Diazepam (1 day, 5mgx 3 times)
Sports message on neck

You are giving so many “advices” that in reality there are no advice at all. I have the impression that you have no idea about what you are in reality posting.

Lets take “Smart TMS”. There is no treatment called “Smart TMS”. “SMART TMS” is UK based rTMS chain who on their site claims to treat depersonalization. Joe Perkins who is behind the YouTube channel “dpd dairies”has just submitted a book manuscript on depersonalization and in a video he address that he aware of 21. Patients with depersonalization who have consulted “Smart TMS” and only two have felt some benefit from it. 

#14 Saibon

Saibon

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 07:20 AM

Mahn! Mayer-Gross I know you are a detail- oriented genius and I respect that but look at the bigger picture, this advices are not my self created, this is list I created after analyzing the websites and people who are doing great, I am not saying to try everything at once, that's impossible, smart tms or rtms or TMS, I just wanted to address that something like that exist which might potentially help and I know it's better to go for ECT rather than rTms coz atleast ECT will cure depression and maybe for DP, coz DP is actually not as brutal as anxiety and depression, which makes you think silly, just like the case with this guy and many other, there is no need to suicide because one can try many things before doing something stupid.

#15 Saibon

Saibon

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 07:22 AM

And I am just providing the list of every potential way.

#16 James_80

James_80

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 226 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 10 August 2020 - 12:26 PM

Hi, I would like to have some advice. I have had DR for 6 years with a slight degree. It increased with stress and certain situations, it never left me for a moment. Now, after breaking up with my girlfriend, I got general anxiety and strong DR and have no idea what to do now. Earlier I had no fears about it, unless I looked at the wall and it seemed different. I'm afraid that now this 6-year-old DR has merged with what is now and will never disappear. I feel like committing suicide, I don't have the strength for it all the time I'm crying I'm so lost that I feel that I only have suicide left. In 3 days I have behavioral therapy and I'm afraid to go to it, I'm afraid of not understanding. Nobody understands me; (Please help. I can't accept, I don't know what it means, it seemed to me that I accepted this state for 6 years.

I don't know why the previous state persisted

Sorry to hear you are going through this. Breakups are one of the hardest things to go through so you will be suffering from that on top of the regular dp/dr. Believe me, I've had a few breakups whilst experiencing dp/dr. Try and hang on. Make this the time you eventually look back on and admire yourself for the strength it took to pull through. There is no easy fix but there might be things that make it a little easier and possibly small lights at the end of the tunnel. slowly pulling you towards a new confident, happy life. I always advise people to get therapy if you can. It might not cure your condition but it can set you on course for a better life that may eventually cause the dp/dr to fade. Regular aerobic and strength exercise can help you feel a bit better. It's not a cure but everything adds up. Sometimes people need medication, especially if their depression has taken over. If you feel you can't cope and nothing is helping then speak to your doctor about medication. Try the minimum dose and give it a good month or two if you go down that route. Take care of yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users