Take Mucuna - Page 5 - Treatment Options - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Take Mucuna

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#49 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 577 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 25 August 2020 - 04:10 PM

Btw how you got your dpdr mayer gross?

Provoked by a major depression at the age of 17 likely due to my mother became more sick of multiple sclerosis followed by many panic attacks . 50% likely gets it in a major depression in other it is related to panic attacks that can be drug induced. But, many of those with drug induced DP also had a history of anxiety or panic. The outset for 90% in between age of 15-25. It could be related to that the prefrontal cortex that is central in emotional regulation is in the final stage of development at that age. The events related to its outset might not play a central role as many might feel it does. 

#50 Saibon

Saibon

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 04:36 PM

You had any drugs before ever?

#51 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 577 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 25 August 2020 - 04:53 PM

I don’t understand the question. But, is not provoked by cannabis or ecstasy. But many drugs can “provoke” depersonalization like antibiotics that can cross the blood brain barrier, larinam. You can not take a drug that provoked the outset and say the disorder have relations to this drug. There is something more to this than just the drug like personality, brain development is often in its final stage at the outset.

#52 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 11:56 PM

To MG:

As i understood right, after a major depression disorder you gave yourself the diagnosis schizophrenia with pure negative symptoms ? Why do you thought that ? And you hadnt any positive symptomatic ? So its more like a schizoide personality disorder ?

#53 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 577 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 26 August 2020 - 02:52 AM

It is not a diagnosis I had given myself. Many conflicting diagnosis had been given by psychiatrists over a decade like atypical depression, unknown syndrome, early neurological conditions with not enough symptoms yet for diagnosis and a state with pure negative symptoms with schizophrenia spectrum -schizotypical and schizophrenia simplex was used. You do not have positive symptoms in simplex. 

#54 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 26 August 2020 - 02:53 AM

right

#55 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 26 August 2020 - 02:54 AM

i worked 5 years with psychotic people

#56 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 06:12 AM

To MG:

Can i ask you how old your were as your major depression respectively dpdr or maybe schizophrenic negative symptomatic started ? And had you before the full range of emotions ?

#57 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 577 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 27 August 2020 - 09:30 AM

To MG:

Can i ask you how old your were as your major depression respectively dpdr or maybe schizophrenic negative symptomatic started ? And had you before the full range of emotions ?

I have already given a reply in what has been written in this thread. I do not have schizophrenia or negative symptoms that started. All is related to depersonalization disorder in its primary form. Schizophrenia and negative symptoms was a misdiagnosis. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users