Take Mucuna - Page 3 - Treatment Options - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Take Mucuna

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#25 Saibon

Saibon

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 11:02 PM

But my progress is tremendous, mahn, I can't prove it to you, but my control over me is now amazing from when I started things, I had taken tons of things "Tons" because I was soo scared coz not even for moment I felt in control, it was like I can fall at any moment, living 0.25 second after real thing, doesn't felt my head, one thing worse was out of nowhere I felt something thick liquid like spraying in my head which made me numb and much more this all symptoms were killing me mahn, before I had olanzapine and one other antipsychotic which gave me sexual problems which was a small hell in itself, after 10 months most of this things are better and I instantly started feeling better when I started.

Magnesium by "Calm" company- a lady recommended me on Facebook who claimed herself to be cured with the help of her medication and advised me and actually pleaded me to take

L-dopa- helped me feel more confident and good, it's much a pruniens like it's a very low dose of real L dopa bean but I take it twice a week one despite its low content

Black seed oil- This thing mahn, just take it no matter what you feel better or not, just take it for lifetime, it was the thing I felt that it was working to fight many of my physical symptoms, the pressure of a thick liquid spraying in my head just minimized soo much mahn, it was like a big torture is gone, from last 9.5 months it got better but after taking it for 15 days my recovery for head pressure symptoms has to a next level, I feel way under control

Honey- it's an add on but I also take this everyday in morning on it's very good for stomach, I take buckwheat.

Vitamins B complex- I don't know what it do for me but still I take it because many people recommend.

Fish oil with very high dha and epa- it's kinda a general thing.

Lutein- for eyes, it's not for dp but I have glasses so helps me with eye pressure,

Cycling - it's great mahn, I don't do it vigorously but makes me feel good unlike weight lifting exercise which made me feel weird).

I take many other things too but not at once but randomly but this things I gave u list are possibly best dp supplements ever.

Things I have taken before

Olanzapine(worst for me, lamictal and fluoxetine combo(this thing is really nice it pushed me in my worst phase but I wasn't in my control yet, I took it for just 2 months but this things works but I was afraid that it might give me side effects so I left), Lions mane mushroom, zinc, blueberries(this is also very nice for depression if u eat it for long time, call it best dp fruit), bacopa monneri, shilajeet(it was for sexual thing), ashwagandha, all different types of vitamins (A, B's, c, D, E), some other mixture of supplements in store(they are useless), biotin, l tyrosine( it was very weird for me), taurine( it helped me abit with sexual thing but still I felt weird with this too) and there are other supplements too like 10's which I had tried and failed, I dont believe in placebo I am personally not a very optimistic guy I might look like one but I am not, but the things I am taking is taking me in one direction.

Next things I want to really try:

Sarcosine
And
Change my diet with olive oil totally, right now I can't maybe after some months, just for general health nothing related to dp)

But right now I am doing so so well, if I would have to put this in words before I lost fro to reality ever second, like even if would have born with the thing I had from last 8 month I would still know that something is very wrong with me but right now I don't totally feel myself like before, but if I would have been born with the symptoms I have right I wouldn't ever know that something is actually very wrong and still progress is just going on.

#26 Saibon

Saibon

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 11:36 PM

On top, I am not a guy who believes in miracles that one day it will be like a switch and I will snap back to normal, it may happen...it may not, it's uncertain.. But one thing is for sure and definite is that we are in the moment right now and we can use it in anyway, we can be a crybaby like ohhh I wanna die or we can just keep obsession about it, we can totally ignore it, we can keep gaining knowledge, or lastly, my way, we can acknowledge it's existence not obsess about it and keep pushing ourselves to try things and stick to it which works.

I don't try to find what's wrong with my brain, I just think what could potentially go right even at minor level and overtime it builds up. On top, who knows I can switch back totally but ignore it or do something about it positively, negativity can destroy you, we have already made enough of destruction to ourself.

#27 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 520 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 24 August 2020 - 03:41 AM

Sarcosine will likely not work. It is a drug that works on the glycine sensitive site of the NMDA receptor. The theory behinds this is the ketamine witch blocks the NMDA receptor can make a state with dissociation or schizophrenia like symptoms. A co-agonist at the glycine sensitive site could in trails partly reverse it. So, in the late nineties they started in trails to give drugs like l-glycine, d-serine, d-cycloserine and sarcosine to negative symptoms in schizoprenia. It had some effect on these symptoms . I didn’t know at that time that I had depersonalization but had been given the diagnosis “pure negative symptoms” related schizophrenia and told they could do nothing. But, these trials showed effect on these symptoms and my symptoms was like being constant on ketamine. So, I imported 4.kg of l-glycine and tried. I took 90-120.grams of l-glycine every morning in water solution on a empty stomach every morning for 6.weeks. It was to make some the l-glycine cross the blood brain barrier. I felt nothing. That was in 2002. After depersonalization was diagnosed I became aware that a ketamine model also was used in depersonalization. In the book “Feeling Unreal” Daphne Simeon writes that she did a  placebo controlled trail on Mount 

Sinai in New York with d-cycloserine in depersonalization and there was no difference between the groups. The trail was for some reason never published. So, drugs that work similar to sarcosine have been tried in depersonalization without effect.

#28 Saibon

Saibon

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 08:05 AM

Have you faced sexual problem due to antipsychotic?

#29 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 520 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 24 August 2020 - 08:36 AM

Have you faced sexual problem due to antipsychotic?

No, as I wrote major depression on olanzapine and significant worsening of depersonalization symptoms after one 10.mg aripriprazole.In the “Depersonalization research unit” papers they write about that the depersonalization state becomes much worse in many they have seen given antipsychotics. Sexual problems are very normal to many drugs like antidepressants. I felt reductions in my emotions prior to olanzapine but I still felt some. After olanzapine that is gone. I became more sympathetic from it. 

you probably can give antipsychotics to a person with depersonalization in very low doses that is not for the treatment of a psychotic state. Some antipsychotics are very sedative in low doses and can be use for sleep or anxiety states with some agitation as a alternative to a benzodiazepine.

#30 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 09:15 AM

To Mayer-Gross:

So you lost your last emotions after you took olanzapine or aripriprazole til today, without coming back ?

#31 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 520 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 24 August 2020 - 09:29 AM

To Mayer-Gross:

So you lost your last emotions after you took olanzapine or aripriprazole til today, without coming back ?

Yes. I was given the diagnosis of “pure negative symptoms” related to schizophrenia due to compliants of having no emotions. I had some at some level though but they where reduced like 70-80%. So, they thought that olanzapine might help and I thought the diagnosis was right then. So, I became more anxious on it and became depressed. I began to drink due to depression and asked them to put me on antidepressant medication and some benzodiazepine for sleep and anxiety so I did not have to drink. I was put on a very potent antidepressant called nortriptyline. Then olanzapine was dropped but after that depersonalization had become much worse. I feel no emotions at all. Completely sterile since.

#32 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 09:50 AM

To MG:

Did you try anti-psychotic amisulpride ? In low doses it should give in cases of negative symptomatic emotions back due to activate the pfc

#33 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 520 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 24 August 2020 - 10:14 AM

To MG:

Did you try anti-psychotic amisulpride ? In low doses it should give in cases of negative symptomatic emotions back due to activate the pfc

Yes, I have tried both sulpririd  and amisulpiride/ solian. Amisulpirid was not available in Danmark around 2002 when I read about. I think it was mostly used in France back then. But, amisulpirid is chemically related to and developed from sulpirid and was on the danish market then. The idea is the a presynaptic dopamine auto receptor is 6-7 times more sensitive than postsynaptic receptor. To block a dopamine auto receptor will stimulate dopamine and not make inhibitions of dopamine like post synaptic receptor that will make a inhibition.So, both sulpirid and amisulpirid are highly selective for d1 and d2 receptors and in low doses you might stimulate the systems as it is only the auto receptors that are affected. I tried sulpirid in 2002 and amisulpirid in 2004. Felt nothing good or bad.

#34 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 10:38 AM

To MG:

That some people react so hard in this direction. I took to get ect in april olanzapine/imipramin and from may to july sertralin/lamotrigin. And my last emotion despair, what i had the whole 1.5 years nevertheless  the never ending thought loop to stay numb, and which made me sometimes crying went so quick away, that it should come from especially the last drugs.

#35 Mayer-Gross

Mayer-Gross

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 520 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 24 August 2020 - 10:50 AM

The problem is the anhedonia being emotionally numb is not related phenomena is different conditions. So, you are ending up with the same treatment for the same. Thinking is is all dopamine related. It is likely more complicated than that. In some states of depression maked with anhedonia they have found out that the emotions are not gone in a sense. The brain runs constantly and obsessively in a loop in negative thinking, - nothing else is felt. This group do not respond to normal rTMS. When they are given rTMS with a deep coil at the right Orbitofrontal cortex it breaks this circle and network. Their response should also be more significant. Not a reduction in symptoms like 50%. It is much higher. This location is almost only done in research. You need a coil for deep rTMS.

#36 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 10:56 AM

To MG:

Did you think about ect to make a reset in your brain. nowadays the side effects are relativ small ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users