Endocannabinoid Overload - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Endocannabinoid Overload

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Broken

Broken

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 July 2020 - 02:49 PM

Has anyone considered that this may be in part due to overload and down regulation of endocannabinnoid receptors? 

Looking at this list, I would say I have most symptoms. Panic that is numb but I can never relax, I would say I am paranoid but also that is for good reason as I cannot follow conversations due to reaction times and short term memory issues. 

Supposedly you can microdose THC to get good effects, but it is so powerful that if you get 'high' you get the opposite effects. So small amounts can improve memory and mood and anxiety, but a large dose makes memory worse, makes you paranoid and anxious....

I have tried CBD to some effect but I think a small amount of THC (and I mean a tiny amount in drops, no chance of getting high) could improve those effects.. 

Personally my DPD started with a big dose of weed ingested and the smoked... silly stuff in hindsight. Weed did give me symptoms of derealisation when high, and then a big dose made that permanent. So I dont know if a sensible, tiny dose, might help a overactivated and endocannabinoid system.... just a theory

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC2993463/

#2 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 July 2020 - 06:26 AM

Hey Broken,

when i understood the study right, it describes especially the positive effects from cbd on physically pain and less topics of self-awareness, psychic processes and emotionality. Do you know serious encannaboid studies that shows impacts on that topics ?

#3 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 July 2020 - 06:38 AM

And studies on dp topics like numbing etc ?

#4 Broken

Broken

• DPSH Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 July 2020 - 08:13 AM

No unfortunately I dont know any studies. Will have a look at some point. But my theory is that THC can have a positive impact at smaller doses, but negative at higher doses as it overloads the receptors. CBD has been known to help anxiety and there was a study on psychosis (easily googled) where CBD actually LOWERED symptoms of schizophrenia.... this was a shock study as weed is so known to be a trigger for schizophrenia... I dont think I have this, but I have some symptoms like paranoia and issues with concentration and memory

CBD is very expensive, and in the study they used 500mg. With time, CBD will be pharmaceutically produced and cheap to buy large amounts. But a tiny amount of THC will also have a good effect is my theory. I have ordered THC drops, should take a week or two to come. To be updated here... 

#5 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 July 2020 - 08:18 AM

i know theoretically from that benefits...but i had my numbing and unfamiliar to enviroment from weed cookies...so its a walk on razor edge...i will do it at least, when nothing works

#6 Broken

Broken

• DPSH Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 July 2020 - 08:25 AM

Dose is absolutely vital with it as it is so powerful. And THC;CBD ratio. Ideally a lot of CBD and very tiny THC amount. THC in tiny amounts can do absolute miracles for peoples memories. Also it doesnt matter if the dose is small or moderate, it helps equally with pain. Also, in small amounts it helps anxiety, but up the dose and anxiety actually INCREASES. 

So, dose must be tiny to the point you dont even feel "high". This is my experiment, I am not recommending this to anyone. I should know within a month what happens and report back here to everyone. It seems to me personally though that the endocannabonnoid system was involved with my DPD

#7 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 July 2020 - 10:22 AM

okay, you want to start...can i ask you how old are you ?

you wrote that you have sometimes paranoia and memory problems..its not imperative to have psychosis with only these symptoms... and to deny psychosis its important that the so called "reality check" works well that means that you dont have a imperative conviction from some believe system and can questioning about these issues.

And its rare to get a first manifestation of psychosis after the age of 35

How do you get dp/dr or what ever you call it

let us know about your experience...

#8 Broken

Broken

• DPSH Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 July 2020 - 10:33 AM

Want to start what? lol

I am 34, have had the symptoms of DPDR for 16 years since 18 years old. Its not that I am paranoid, it is that I have such poor memory problems that I often miss things, and the other half of the time I am anxious I am missing things (which I often do). 

I had a panic attack after consuming and smoking marijuana, that is how things started for me, since then it has been chronic DPDR... like I say, I will update here in a few weeks

#9 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 July 2020 - 10:55 AM

Didnt you wrote, that you want to start microdosing with cbd and small amount of thc...? Sorry i am not native english

#10 Broken

Broken

• DPSH Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 July 2020 - 12:40 PM

Ok no worries. Yes I will be starting taking some microdose THC oil in the next few weeks, I will update here when I do that

#11 Grindelwald

Grindelwald

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 21 July 2020 - 08:46 PM

THC is the devil. Do not recommend.

#12 Broken

Broken

• DPSH Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 July 2020 - 08:20 AM

Fair enough I used to think this. It is a very powerful drug for sure, thus why I am only taking a tiny dose and not aiming to get 'high'. My theory is that the 'high' is a sign of an overload of the CB1 receptors, which isnt beneficial. Sure, things taste amazing, sound amazing, feel amazing.... my theory is that either other time or in one episode, my receptors were overloaded and perhaps damaged/downregulated... 

In theory, microdosing these things can upregulate receptors again. Also, with lots of CBD. This is just a theory, CBD had good effects for me that quickly went away as I presume the body adapts. THC is very powerful, but in small doses I believe it could "awaken" some of the brain regions that become overstimulated and perhaps shut down and downregulated CB1 receptors there leaving me with a permanent feeling of being 'high'. This is a very speculative theory, and one I dont recommend it to anybody. But one thing I have learnt about myself is that I will never give up, and I will try anything and everything to get rid of this damn illness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users