can't focus on anything - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

can't focus on anything

focus help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 freddie

freddie

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 03:39 PM

it feels like my brain cant handle any one thing for longer than 15 minutes . at first i thought it was just laziness and not wanting to do things but it feels more than that. i cant even focus on hobbies that i actually enjoy doing. and its gets difficult to listen to people i care about. eventually their voice just becomes distorted gibberish that i unconsciously disregard as background noise. its gotten to the point where i just lay in bed all day or sit at my desk and not do anything because my brain just cant handle it.

is there anything in particular i could be doing to improve focus and concentration? i dont know if its a dumb question but its just really frustrating when i just want to sit down and do something productive but its like my brain just shuts down or completely jumps in subject 

#2 ivleo

ivleo

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 07:03 AM

I think you should try mindfulness, it could help you with just accepting the present moment as it is. You're too focused on your dissociative state; wear the anxiety like an uncomfortable coat.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: focus, help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users