Back after a year! Sobering up. How is everyone? - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Back after a year! Sobering up. How is everyone?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cancermoon

Cancermoon

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 08:52 PM

I hope everyone has been able to cope with the stress of this disorder as well as they can. Unfortunately my Derealization hasn’t gotten any better since the last time I logged on here, but the good news is I recently decided to sober up. I’ve been clean for almost 2 years now but I’ve been drinking excessively for a few months and realized it only makes the symptoms of DR worse. So I’m going to AA soon! :)

#2 Phantasm

Phantasm

Janitor

• Moderators
  • 850 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 July 2020 - 11:33 AM

Good luck with it all :) Sadly a lot of people with mental health issues self-medicate as it can be such a hard thing to deal with, but that's great you are taking positive steps for your health. 

#3 Cancermoon

Cancermoon

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 02:09 PM

Good luck with it all :) Sadly a lot of people with mental health issues self-medicate as it can be such a hard thing to deal with, but that's great you are taking positive steps for your health.

Thank you <3 I agree. I really hope I have the self control to cut this lifestyle but I’m still very much struggling with BPD and anxiety so going through this sober and clean makes everything so much more difficult

#4 Phantasm

Phantasm

Janitor

• Moderators
  • 850 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 July 2020 - 03:05 AM

It must be hard with all you're going through. I think it helps to keep focused on the benefits of feeling clean, healthy and happy, and maybe get involved in new hobbies or activities that reinforce that, like sports or clubs where you can be around people who live a healthy lifestyle. Having lots of support around you can help a lot.

#5 Psyborg

Psyborg

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:09 AM

hi

#6 Cancermoon

Cancermoon

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 July 2020 - 10:53 PM

It must be hard with all you're going through. I think it helps to keep focused on the benefits of feeling clean, healthy and happy, and maybe get involved in new hobbies or activities that reinforce that, like sports or clubs where you can be around people who live a healthy lifestyle. Having lots of support around you can help a lot.

I hear you! I’m definitely trying to keep myself busy in any way I can. I think for now I just have to refrain from being around alcohol but it should get easier with time.

#7 Cancermoon

Cancermoon

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 July 2020 - 10:54 PM

hi

Hey!! I hope you’ve been hanging in there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users