Can this be symtoms of Derealization? - Introduce Yourself - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Can this be symtoms of Derealization?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Gladesar

Gladesar

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 04:14 PM

Hello guys, i New here, and im struggling with these symtoms:
.Imeddiate Recall is weird... Like, i do remember of things i did 5 minutes ago but seems like im not focused on the present...
.Pressure on my Temples and forehead (sometimes became numb)
.Weird feeling on my eyes
.My mind seems Hazy...
Im diagnosed with GAD and depression. I used to be hypocondrist before covid and it has gone away... But back after covid...
And my surround and every thing seems the same real as aways... None of visual distorcion or awareness distorcion...

Just that... Seems like brain fog or Derealization?
Ps: Sorry about my bad english...

#2 Chip1021

Chip1021

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 627 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, Minnesota, USA

Posted 18 July 2020 - 07:35 PM

When you say before and after COVID, are you just speaking in general or were you personally diagnosed with it?

#3 Gladesar

Gladesar

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 04:42 PM

In generally

#4 Chip1021

Chip1021

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 627 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, Minnesota, USA

Posted 19 July 2020 - 11:26 PM

I would say that if there aren’t visual distortions or if external reality doesn’t look or “feel” different in any way, then you don’t have derealization as a symptom. As for your other symptoms, it does sound like “brain fog”, non-specific as that term is, is still the best word to use. As to what’s causing these symptoms, I couldn’t say. They may or may not be related to the hypochondria. Can I ask, were you diagnosed with GAD and depression before these symptoms arose? Or did your doctor give you these diagnoses as a supposed explanation for those symptoms?

#5 Gladesar

Gladesar

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 02:06 PM

Before these symtoms arose... Get worse on quarentine... Here in Brazil situation is Very complicated... I cannot see my friends yet... It has been 4 months of almost complete isolation... It never happened before to me (be isolated)

#6 Gladesar

Gladesar

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 02:11 PM

I would say that if there aren’t visual distortions or if external reality doesn’t look or “feel” different in any way, then you don’t have derealization as a symptom. As for your other symptoms, it does sound like “brain fog”, non-specific as that term is, is still the best word to use. As to what’s causing these symptoms, I couldn’t say. They may or may not be related to the hypochondria. Can I ask, were you diagnosed with GAD and depression before these symptoms arose? Or did your doctor give you these diagnoses as a supposed explanation for those symptoms?

Sorry for not answer before... Um trying to get off the foruns and trying to live normal, not thinking só much about it, to see If It improves... I think has something to do with meu hyperawareness because my Hipocondria... Then i got i little neurotic and began to really feel what i was thinking... Thanks for the support you are give me!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users