Brain is locked in constant fear mode - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Brain is locked in constant fear mode

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jackk11

Jackk11

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 07:09 AM

I have no idea why but this past week I went from being severely emotionally numb to being in a constant state of anxiety and fear. It’s like my brain is stuck in a state of fight or flight 24/7 and it’s keep me awake and stimulated all day however it’s exhausting. Has anybody dealt with this? I’m seeing my psychiatrist this week to get something that can hopefully get rid of this. Anybody reccomend something specific?

#2 leminaseri

leminaseri

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:42 AM

i had that 7 months ago but it was going better..

#3 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 10:16 AM

maybe its a good sign in that sense, that you get connected to your emotions again even when it is in that moment excruciating

#4 Jackk11

Jackk11

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 11:34 AM

maybe its a good sign in that sense, that you get connected to your emotions again even when it is in that moment excruciating

I dont think so. I still have no good emotions, or connection to anything. 

#5 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 01:07 PM

do you get hungry or tired ? I am not.

i am already numb like you and it changed in the opposite direction like you. i had a kind of despair by the thought to stay forever in this hell all the time and after psychopharamakas its gone...but for me its a sign that is getting worse, because this kind of despair was something what defined me a little bit

#6 Jackk11

Jackk11

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 02:36 PM

do you get hungry or tired ? I am not.

i am already numb like you and it changed in the opposite direction like you. i had a kind of despair by the thought to stay forever in this hell all the time and after psychopharamakas its gone...but for me its a sign that is getting worse, because this kind of despair was something what defined me a little bit

just a week ago I did get hungry and tired but I was numb. Now I’m still numb and full of anxiety and like you said despair. But I’m seeing a psychiatrist Tuesday. I’m going to try some meds to kick this in the ass

#7 Grindelwald

Grindelwald

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 01:03 AM

Yeah, sounds like it could be DP. I know the feeling.. Ty to reduce stress and anxiety as much as possible. Try Theanine or some other supplements, and get as much sleep as you can. Do NOT be afraid to see a doctor. 

#8 Jackk11

Jackk11

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 04:42 AM

Yeah, sounds like it could be DP. I know the feeling.. Ty to reduce stress and anxiety as much as possible. Try Theanine or some other supplements, and get as much sleep as you can. Do NOT be afraid to see a doctor.

I tried theanine and I think I had the opposite reaction. It made me more anxious. I’m seeing the psychiatrist Tuesday.

#9 Grindelwald

Grindelwald

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 10:55 AM

I tried theanine and I think I had the opposite reaction. It made me more anxious. I’m seeing the psychiatrist Tuesday.

Huh. That’s strange. Sorry to hear that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users