Real vs not real - Page 2 - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Real vs not real

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#13 Emptyflask

Emptyflask

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 08:22 PM

Something I would say to anyone who is worried about questioning reality is to explore that idea to an extent that you are not afraid of it anymore. Read/listen to Alan Watts and Eckhart Tolle who both talk about this concept in a reassuring and comforting way.

It's nothing to be afraid of ultimately.

Will it really eventually get easier to deal with? Like is it really nothing to be afraid of? Ive listened to Alan and Eckhart and it used to calm me with other fears but now im not so sure, espessially if it means my emotions dont exist either, then how is it valid to feel anything or experiance anything?

why does it matter? Why does any of this matter? I couldn't care less whether this is actual, fundamental reality or not, whether my existence is solipsistic, etc. It makes absolutely no difference

The idea really doesnt bother you? Like if you really consider it, it doesnt? I just wanna not be bothered by it at this point. Is it really not something to worry about? I feel like the idea that even my emotions dont exist changes things and that its all invalid and pointless to experiance if it doesnt exist.

#14 PerfectFifth

PerfectFifth

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 12:01 PM

The idea really doesnt bother you? Like if you really consider it, it doesnt? I just wanna not be bothered by it at this point. Is it really not something to worry about? I feel like the idea that even my emotions dont exist changes things and that its all invalid and pointless to experiance if it doesnt exist.

Nonsense doesn't bother me, no. Saying "emotions don't exist" is a prime example of nonsense. Emotions evidently do exist. 

#15 Psyborg

Psyborg

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 12:59 PM

your emotions are just muted due to you not feeling well . they will come back

the fact that it bothers you is also a prove that you have emotions hidden under the tissue of dp etc .  even if it doesnt seem so 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users