Whereby do you realize emotional numbness ? How is it for you ? - Discussion - Depersonalization Community

Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Whereby do you realize emotional numbness ? How is it for you ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 06:31 AM

Its not easy to describe how someone realize that he/she suffers on emotional numbness.

Especially when someone has it for longer and he/she maybe forgot how some feelings felt like.

Since the time i felt normally emotions and as i had them naturally, i didnt thought about my feelings and where they are in the body detected.

So its hard to really remember how feelings works in the body or brain

For me

1) i recognized that my thoughts/ cogntion dont/barely set off operations in metabolism and emotions

2) I realized a changing in my hull and stomach in the way that there is no flowing of the autonomic nervous system or flowing of energy in general; or like it is freezed

3) My brain seems to stop at the skull and some kind of energy dont go oustide like a fluidum or aura.

4) In general less inner body processes or operations (from the autonomic nervous system, stomach. tiredness and so on)

But how do you would describe your changes in your body/ brain after beginning of emotional numbness ?

#2 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 02:23 AM

5) Memories are paler than before and less connected to emotions

6) Dreams are pale, very emotionless and hardly remembered

#3 RunToMe

RunToMe

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 11:04 AM

Has nobody emotional numbness here or its to difficult to describe ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users