Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Visual snow

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Phocus

Phocus

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:30 AM

Does Visual Snow almost always get worse? My static is actually pretty mild, it's just the other symptoms that bother me. I don't want it to get worse as I'm barely coping now. Anyone here had visual snow for years and it's stayed the same or got better? Or completely gone?

#2 mrt

mrt

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:21 AM

Mine has stayed more or less the same, maybe gotten slightly better, it certainly doesn't bother me much any more. (There was a period once where it did get a bit worse for a bit, which panicked me, but it went back to baseline)

#3 Phocus

Phocus

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:28 AM

Mine has stayed more or less the same, maybe gotten slightly better, it certainly doesn't bother me much any more. (There was a period once where it did get a bit worse for a bit, which panicked me, but it went back to baseline)

That's lucky that it's got maybe slightly better. I hope mine stays the same or at least I begin to cope with it better. At the moment it's making me pretty suicidal, and that's not the person I want to be because a few weeks ago I was all positive and it's kind of gone down hill.

#4 Billy D.P.

Billy D.P.

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:57 PM

I had visual snow for about five years from ages 15-20. After I eased up on recreational drugs, started eating healthier and working out it slowly dissipated and eventually went away completely -- but it took a long time. Two years ago I took LSD and had severe snow which has steadily decreased over time after totally overhauling my diet and living a healthy lifestyle in general. Snow goes away, trust me. There are certainly some cases where people seem to have it for a lot longer but from what I gather it's one of the more mild symptoms of HPPD, DP, etc., and can really dissipate over time. 

#5 Phocus

Phocus

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:03 PM

I had visual snow for about five years from ages 15-20. After I eased up on recreational drugs, started eating healthier and working out it slowly dissipated and eventually went away completely -- but it took a long time. Two years ago I took LSD and had severe snow which has steadily decreased over time after totally overhauling my diet and living a healthy lifestyle in general. Snow goes away, trust me. There are certainly some cases where people seem to have it for a lot longer but from what I gather it's one of the more mild symptoms of HPPD, DP, etc., and can really dissipate over time. 

This makes me feel a lot better that it can decrease.

#6 Natee

Natee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:24 PM

What's the visual snow look like? My issue is vision floaters, is that the same thing? I had 1 or 2 floaters most of my life but now with DP I have like 15 floaters always in my vision. It absolutely sucks during the day and I feel it makes my anxiety worse and prolongs the DP.

#7 Midnight

Midnight

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:01 PM

Never had it even though I've been DP'ed for years. Dont even know what it is. Tried any medication/ lifestyle changes?

#8 Phocus

Phocus

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 120 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:44 PM

Never had it even though I've been DP'ed for years. Dont even know what it is. Tried any medication/ lifestyle changes?

Not tried any lifestyle changes or medication. I spoke to my mother about lamotrigine as she's a nurse and she started going crazy about how it'll make me worse so she won't take me to the doctors. I'm going to try lifestyle changes, cause my VS is pretty mild at the moment and I don't want it to get worse

#9 CK1

CK1

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:17 PM

Simply not true. No offence to your mother. Also Lamotrigine is a very common drug these days.  

I have already said Keppra and then Lamotrigine. Haven't heard anyones get worse but maybe that's because I am searching success stories which needs to be taken into account. 

This forum has talked about VS 6 years ago 

http://www.dpselfhel...-reserch/page-3

4th comment down 

"Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:35 AM

My "visual snow" went away after I started taking Lamictal." 

ps this is not a once off. If you want to find a host of evidence type in Lamotrigine VS cure and that type of thing, there is a VS forum. 

#10 Pondererer

Pondererer

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 597 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:07 AM

I'm pretty sure mine's less than it once was, but i really don't care about it anymore. I used to be worried about it, now i dont care so i don't even notice. I think that's partially because i believe it will dissapear when recovered, but also it's such a tiny obstacle compared to everything else.

#11 CK1

CK1

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:38 AM

Oh one more thing, i've really light VS, i need to stand at a window with light coming in to see it, nothing like the real thing so I don't even count it, but I've started Lamotrigine nearly 2 weeks ago, i'll test it in a few months for you... I had the real thing for a day it was actually Christmas day ironically, I understand how it must feel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users