Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Someone please help me

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 mrt

mrt

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:47 PM

I have had DR since I was around 14, currently late thirties. These days, most of the time I am fine with episodes being manageable, usually can get myself out of it but can last hours/days, but I get the occasional bad patch.  Last few days have been bad, but I'vi tried to stay calm, I have bnen a bit ill over the last few days too, nothing much, sore throat so blamed that as being ill always males me worse. Bu tonight I had really extreme episode, I completely lost it, very much suicidal, was as  bad as when everything first started. I calmed down enough to persuade myelf to get to sleep, hoping things would be better in the morning, but woke up an hour later. My skin is burning and I can't sleep, I dont know whats wrong and I cant cope, I dont know what t do

#2 mrt

mrt

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 01:17 PM

I'm desperately trying to keep calm, but obviously thats something of an oxymoron. I still feel like I'm burning up, I can tell if thats because Im ill or so anxious, I dont know why I'm so anxious and it wont go away.I wish could go to the doctor and get help but I now there's nothing theyll be able to do. I'm so desperate

#3 tfiio

tfiio

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 411 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 02 March 2017 - 01:34 PM

I'm guessing if you actually get to read this reply, you found something to at least get through the night.

were your usual coping techniques not working for you? what would you normally do to cope with a particularly strong episode of dr?

#4 mrt

mrt

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 03:20 PM

Hi tfiio, 

Thanks so much for replying. I'm still very derealised, but have calmed down a bit. I think you can forget how truly horrific this can be when things have been good for a while. Usually I'm just able to distract myself with tv+lights off or the computer but this was just too much. 

#5 eddy1886

eddy1886

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1,178 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 02 March 2017 - 03:37 PM

If it becomes totally unbearable please seek medical attention through a doctor or hospital etc...DO NOT suffer in silence...Speak to someone who you trust and is understanding and patient....

The worst thing you can do is try to get through this alone....DO NOT let anybody fob you off with the "You seem fine to me" or "Its just all in your head" or "You just need some tea and a nap" pep talk crap....

You need proper help and care and understanding from patient caring people...

• mrt likes this

#6 mrt

mrt

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 03:48 PM

Thanks eddy, 

The thing is, there doesn't seem to be anything anyone would be able to do for me?As far as I can see there isn't any medication that can help

#7 epiphany906

epiphany906

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:57 AM

your your own best critic. remember the last time(s) youv had this and it passed. life is ups and downs more so in my daily bipolar. but i can recall alot of things ive done to get out of moods i dont want to be in, so im already doing something to occupy that thought no matter what. easier said than done, i know. this isnt my first rodeo. when im over hyer(manic) it feels great and i say some pretty inapropriate things and i scare people cause im the unknown to them. your not unknown to me and theres a billion to 0 chance ill ever meet you but i get it. its o.k. to not feel o.k. lock yourself uo with some music or sleep all day! anybody says shit tell em u got that "sore throat" get rid of em! hang in their bud, its all good

#8 mrt

mrt

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:46 AM

Thanks epiphany, 

I've been holed up in bed for the last few days now. Your right, I know I've been here before and will get back out again. Its just so hard, Thanks for getting back to me everyone

#9 mrt

mrt

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 02:24 PM

Hello, thanks all so much for replying. I'm starting to feel better than I was, feeling more confident things will get better.

I have been replying to everyone, but its seems none of them have gotten through. Trying again, just wanted to say thanks to those that replied more than anything :)

#10 mrt

mrt

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:47 AM

I cant take it any more, been trying so hard not to panic, but I cant go on. I can't believe anyone should go through this. If I go to a hospital is there even anything they will be able to do? 

#11 tfiio

tfiio

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 411 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 05 March 2017 - 11:30 PM

the only way to find out is to try. if you feel that it is severe enough that you can no longer safely exist where you are, it's okay to go to the hospital. they can't fix everything at once, it's not that simple. but they can find something to calm you down, and start figuring out what will help you. they can help. you're not alone, you're not "too far gone", and you are worth helping. you've already seen improvements before, which means that you've already gotten a bit better at least once. which is concrete proof that you can get better.

there's no one generally accepted medication or class of medications that treats all derealization. but right now it sounds like the panic is way worse than the derealization, and there are medications that are very good for that, both for right away calming down, and for decreasing risk of panic in the long run. you might as well try, right?

#12 mrt

mrt

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:15 AM

Thanks tfiio, 

I've booked the soonest doctors apt they had, which is Friday. I'll see how it goes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users