Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Gardening

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LiamGamerr

LiamGamerr

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:42 PM

One of the very few things that helps me tremendously with denationalisation is gardening. Iv been an amateur gardener for quite a while now (before i developed dp) And i did take a few years off. 

However back to the point Being amongst plants and nature has got to be one of the most grounding activities you can do - it's a natural therapy. Even if you are just weeding the border. Feeling the wet warm/cold, soil go through your hands, or when you water the plants, the back spray of the water or picking the first tomatoes of the season is incredibly relaxing.

When I'm gardening, it takes my mind of things for a while and i can just be at one with nature. Its much better than video gaming which is my other passion because it gets you outside, and i really do find my dp gets better for a while.

Of course the other aspect to it is although you don't feel great yourself, and may even be severely depressed, the fact that you are nurturing another living thing from seedling to fully fledged plant and producing vegetables or flowers, makes you remember just how precious life is.

If you're not already a gardener I would highly suggest trying it out and see if you like it, it may help you.

Or you could simply go for a nice walk through the fields, or anywhere you want.

Thanks for reading.

#2 Billy D.P.

Billy D.P.

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:05 PM

I've done a bit of gardening the last few years and totally agree. It's a great past time and helps you connect with nature and take your mind off DP. I actually worked at a nursery this past winter and it was great. Lots of exercise, being outside in the fresh air, not having to talk with people face to face very much. I highly recommend it if people are just looking for a low-wage job to kill some time.  

#3 forestx5

forestx5

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 605 posts
  • Locationcentral virginia blue ridge mountains

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:21 PM

I've been watching quite a few youtube videos which assert that American Vice President Lyndon Johnson conspired with numerous other government officials, including FBI director J Edgar Hoover, Oil Tycoons, and members of the Military Industrial Complex, to assassinate President John Kennedy in Dallas on Nov 22, 1963.  I've also read a few books making the same claims.  The evidence is compelling and overwhelming.

I could use a little denationalisation right now.  It makes me sad to be an American.  The government files on the JFK assassination are scheduled to be released in October 2017.  I can almost guarantee that the new FBI Headquarters will not be named "The J Edgar Hoover Building".

#4 eddy1886

eddy1886

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:04 AM

One of the very few things that helps me tremendously with denationalisation is gardening. Iv been an amateur gardener for quite a while now (before i developed dp) And i did take a few years off. 

However back to the point Being amongst plants and nature has got to be one of the most grounding activities you can do - it's a natural therapy. Even if you are just weeding the border. Feeling the wet warm/cold, soil go through your hands, or when you water the plants, the back spray of the water or picking the first tomatoes of the season is incredibly relaxing.

When I'm gardening, it takes my mind of things for a while and i can just be at one with nature. Its much better than video gaming which is my other passion because it gets you outside, and i really do find my dp gets better for a while.

Of course the other aspect to it is although you don't feel great yourself, and may even be severely depressed, the fact that you are nurturing another living thing from seedling to fully fledged plant and producing vegetables or flowers, makes you remember just how precious life is.

If you're not already a gardener I would highly suggest trying it out and see if you like it, it may help you.

Or you could simply go for a nice walk through the fields, or anywhere you want.

Thanks for reading.

Nature!!!!...Its amazingly therapeutic...I do something similar with my aquarium hobby (Its called Aquascaping) Basically growing under water live plant gardens inside aquariums....Its amazingly therapeutic....And if you get it right the end product can be stunning...

Hobbies that both stimulate and relax your mind are a must for recovery from DP (Well thats my belief anyway)

Put up some pictures of your garden Liam..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users