Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Freedom and slowing down

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#13 Broken

Broken

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:25 PM

Tfiio- just read the post previews to that. Yeh definitely you put it very well. I wrote something a while back about treating those parts of ourself as a small child that's crying. You wouldn't treat them like s@#* so why yourself?

#14 tfiio

tfiio

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 411 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:16 AM

my main objection to people calling themselves "deep" is they often feel that they're obviously deeper than others, when they have no way of knowing other people's thoughts, and ignoring that inability to know seems to indicate to me that they're not actually considering it very closely. this may just be my personal experience biasing me against those who feel this way about themselves, to be fair.

the crying child is also a good example of a positive way to consider your own negative feelings.

#15 Broken

Broken

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:06 AM

Wow. Tfiio I like the way you talk about these things. Are you making progress with your dp?

Speaking of speaking certain ways lol there's a small youtube channel called 'completely ordinary'. It's about non duality but applying that to real life situations as opposed to the crap spiritual teachers you see talking about how blissful life is.. yawn. Check it out I really enjoy it and you remind me of them!

#16 tfiio

tfiio

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 411 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:08 PM

I have an appointment coming up that should give me some answers.

I'll look into it, thank you for sharing with me. :)

#17 Broken

Broken

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:32 AM

OK good luck! Hope you find out what you need to

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users