Donate to DPSelfhelp.com

Participate in DPD/DR research (new thread).

- Server Administration/Main admin change: Selig

Photo

Does anyone's head make buzzing or zapping sounds?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 1A

1A

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• Members
  • 809 posts
  • LocationUnited States (Ohio)

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:36 PM

Before the fog of DP lifted for me, I endured a series of wicked headaches.

The headaches are gone, the DP has lifted, but I sometimes get these cracking or buzzing or squeaking or zapping sounds in my head.

It's like a little smurf is inside of my head popping cellophane bubbles.

I do accept these strange feelings, because I'm trying to practice what I preach.

But who would have these and not think something is wrong neurologically?

Can anyone relate to these sensations?

#2 Matt210

Matt210

• Members
  • 1,134 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:50 PM

*raises hand* .. that would be me. Thats one of the symptoms that has always come close to convincing me that something is definately wrong inside my head. Sometimes it happens when i move my head around - the same way it would when you are cracking anything else... but other time it just happens.

Usually in the back of my head towards the top.. a little crack, a little zap here and there...

I dont know what to make of it..

#3 livinginhell333

livinginhell333

• Members
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:16 PM

hell yea i defintely get this a lot, i don't know what it is either. i get this crackling pop like you know that candy that makes noises when you eat it, i forgot what its called, something similiar to that.

#4 just breathe

just breathe

Regular Contributor

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:22 PM

Possible Temporo Mandibular Joint, do you have bruxism or a bad overbite?.....also,I was hearing a slight popping and cracking while I was walking awhile back and I asked my doctor about this and he said that when you are stressed the muscles in your neck and back are more tense and cause popping sensations in the neck(I only noticed them when I was walking).I could usually make it stop by snapping my head back and crackig my neck like my knuckles.....

#5 LOSTONE

LOSTONE

• Members
  • 1,388 posts
  • LocationChannahon IL,

Posted 16 March 2006 - 12:34 AM

Just Breathe I think that you have pinned down the cause of this pretty well. I can't imagen that the brain is actually making noise. It is definitely not your brain you guys. I would recommend telling your dentist about it, it is pretty commen. Actually if you ever see an oral surgen he will probably ask you if you ever hear poping sounds like that, even if you don't bring it up yourself.

My brother had a pop that everyone in the room could hear but the pop was caused from his jawbone not his brain.

#6 chiara

chiara

Regular Contributor

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 01:49 AM

that would be me. I have a neck problem and all your nerves and vessles etc that go to your head can create alot of symptoms, even tinnitus.
I would wake up some nights because of the cracking and popping.
I went to an orthapedist got some physical therapy because I had a ton of other things like headaches and vertigo and I dont get those noises anymore. Even though the noises were the LEAST of my problems then.
Could be your jaw believe it or not. Those mucles go way up and back.

Your brain cannot make noise.

#7 1A

1A

• Members
  • 809 posts
  • LocationUnited States (Ohio)

Posted 16 March 2006 - 09:20 AM

Thanks for the replies, everyone. Next time it happens I will try to closely examine whether it is actually my jaw making those sounds.

#8 Dreamland

Dreamland

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • LocationGuadalcanal

Posted 16 March 2006 - 02:42 PM

Anybody here taking Paxil? A lot of that zapping and popping sounds like side effects of taking SSRI's.

#9 dpdpaulson

dpdpaulson

Regular Contributor

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 02:58 PM

I can bring on the little "pop rocks" by using the same muscles you use to pop your ears to relieve air pressure). Try popping your ears without moving your jaw bone, there's all kinds of noise going on there. Maybe you're flexing this muscle inadvertantly.

#10 comfortably numb

comfortably numb

• Members
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationInterzone

Posted 16 March 2006 - 04:27 PM

i started getting shocks and kinda zapping sounds in my head when i came off effexor. man that was scary.

#11 lieberhaas

lieberhaas

Contributor

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 16 March 2006 - 10:28 PM

Like Jeff, I get really bad headaches, and on occasion, I hear a low hum in my ears. I'm also very, very sensitive to light and loud noises.

#12 Guest_milkwave_*

Guest_milkwave_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2006 - 10:52 PM

I get that sensation every so often, not sure if or how it is related to DP but I have noticed that it only seems to happen in environments where there is bright and obnoxious florescent lighting. :roll:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users