Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

I made a video to talk about my recovery, and my understanding of dp

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Qdr91

Qdr91

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:24 PM

I already posted my recovery story couple days ago. I made this video because I felt that there are things I did not mention. hope it helps.

#2 mind.divided

mind.divided

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:21 PM

Thanks!

#3 Psychostein

Psychostein

Regular Contributor

• Validating
  • 73 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:38 PM

I do agree with you, I myself recovered from depersonalisation after overdosing on marijuana. People say "distract yourself" from your thoughts that's now how recovery works. I believe you need to expose yourself to your thoughts become friends with them and see them for what they truely are.

Distraction is temporary you'll eventually have alone time, guess what then? You're fucked. Let the thoughts come and don't run. This is not a pep talk you're not going anywhere if you hide from your thoughts because the mind is everything, what you think you become.

Thank you for the video and welcome to the recovered club :D

#4 mymelody

mymelody

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 11:21 PM

yes thank you -

#5 M1k3y

M1k3y

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:50 AM

how did u get over the hyper awareness? I have that a lot, i focus on sounds like a mother and it startles me, idk man, this video was sick tho, i could really relate, and i was like this dude is smokin a jay when i got my dp off a j, thats some shit dude, glad ur better, if u can answer my question i would be very greatful

#6 M1k3y

M1k3y

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:53 AM

how did u get over the hyper awareness? I have that a lot, i focus on sounds like a mother and it startles me, idk man, this video was sick tho, i could really relate, and i was like this dude is smokin a jay when i got my dp off a j, thats some shit dude, glad ur better, if u can answer my question i would be very greatful

and were u smoking weed during ur dp phase? do u think that may have helped? maybe with thinking again adn stufF?

#7 cl1max

cl1max

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:24 PM

Hey Qdr,

I see youre relatively active on recovery forums and I congratulate you on your complete recovery from DPDR (which i believe was drug induced for you). Right at the start of the new year, I developed dpdr after smoking weed. I was a smoker of 5 years, but i guess it was a time of high stress and it was the wrong time to smoke. I guess Im on the recovering aspect. i feel relatively grounded, I Usually recognize myself in the mirror. I see colors as normal. But there is one symptom that drives me absolutely nuts. Its this brain fog, and the lessened ability to concentrate and my eyes almost feel behind. Can you confirm that this goes away? My anxiety is only fueled by the fact that I feel this symptom. Most of my existential thoughts have dissipated. I was a very bright student, but now I feel retarded lol. Thank you and cheers. 

#8 Qdr91

Qdr91

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:14 PM

the hyper-awareness got better and better through time until it completely receded just like the other symptoms. what I was smoking in the video was just normal tobacco, however, I'm smoking weed again without any fear or problems. after about 4 months I tried to smoke weed again, and when I started it was with very small amount just to measure its effects with depersonalization. I also drink coffee again after 6 months of abstinence. beside the changes in beliefs and the philosophy that I developed, everything went back like it was before dp. wish you all the best friend, hope the video helped you somehow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users