Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Scary Symptom or something else ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MrFedUp

MrFedUp

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:49 PM

I was just driving home after playing football, and I forgot where I was, where I was driving, why I was wearing a football kit, and who was in my car, this lasted for about 30
Seconds, it was like an extreme dissociation ?! But I must of kept driving okay as I was on bendy roads ?! Please tell
Me someone has had this I'm freaking out thinking I just had some sort of epileptic fit ...

#2 Pondererer

Pondererer

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:59 PM

Honestly, thinking through my years of DP journey i'm not even sure. But i've defintely had those moments while laying in bed, especially when waking up.

#3 MrFedUp

MrFedUp

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:03 PM

I'm jus worried I just had some sort of seizure ?

#4 faios

faios

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:08 PM

This exact phenomenon happened to me while driving home from a haircut. It also only last 30 second or less. It was as if my vision zoomed out and I suddenly forget where I was driving to. Very scary....

#5 Phocus

Phocus

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 124 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:45 PM

This could be extreme dissociation or it could be a seizure. My friend gets seizures where she doesn't know where she is and what she's doing. How often do you get this? Although I also get similar feelings when I am in my bedroom too long because the environment is very stagnant in bedrooms, nothing changes so you tend to ruminate more. If you do believe that it could be a sort of seizure then go to the doctors just to make sure and to be safe. I'm sure you are fine, even if it is epilepsy or something they have ways to treat it. Good luck, let us know how you're feeling in the next few weeks and if you're still getting feelings like this.

#6 Unwell

Unwell

• DPSH Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:43 AM

Totally been there and not much to say but it is a dreadful feeling that no one should have. I also thought that might be seizure related because I was freaking at straws but it wasn't the case for me even did an EEG. I first had that same feeling when I was maybe 6 or 7. You definitely don't feel like yourself and that is almost dehumanizing. Be safe out sucks and I hope it doesn't happen like that for you again but be prepared if it does.

#7 MrFedUp

MrFedUp

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:09 PM

Thankyou for your replays guys really appreciate it :) if it happens again I'll go to the doctors, but I've had a pretty stressful week so that May of contributed + tiredness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users