Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Voices?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Phocus

Phocus

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:40 PM

Have any of you ever experienced auditory hallucinations? I keep getting them, I'm not schizophrenic, I don't know if it could just be the stress of this DR but I just want some insight on this. They never occurred until this DR came around. I've had DR twice, both times voices have come along with them. The break in between my episodes I was voices-free. I'm pretty confused as auditory hallucinations aren't really a symptom of derealization.

#2 mind.divided

mind.divided

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:07 PM

I personally doubt that you have real auditory hallucinations, where you hear voices talking to you from nowhere. Maybe you get internal thoughts that feel like voices talking to you. I've have experienced those during bad panic attacks. I'm not you so I don't know ofc but yeah it's not that common I think. 

#3 Phocus

Phocus

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:10 PM

I get murmurs as I am falling asleep but recently I'll be having conversations and I will be having a whole conversation and the person will be like "What?" because I've just said a random thing and then I'll be like "I said ___" and "you said___" and I even heard them reply but then they said they didn't and that conversation didn't happen even though it happened 2 seconds before. It's kind of freaking me out.

#4 CK1

CK1

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:47 PM

My two cents is it's probably nothing, audio hallucinations and thinking someone said something because you filled in the conversation is different. 

I was given seroquel for bipolar and they gave me real audio hallucinations where a record would be playing down the hall really loud and i'd realise there was no way my family was playing a record i liked at 4am when they were the other direction and asleep... yet just because I knew this, it wouldn't stop.

That's a audio hallucination and it isn't just a word, it's a full ongoing thing that lasts minutes and has no context at all. If it was voices, it wouldn't just fill in a nice conversation, it would be rather unpleasant from what I gather. (luckily I only experienced music a couple of times and quit that horrible drug).

I think you are getting something like... You: "where is the butter?" you hear them say "there" and you go "it's not there?" and they go "what?"....  everyone gets something like this to a degree. Like sometimes i think the cat has meowed at me when looking for food but can't be sure, it's just something you are use to hearing. 

That's my guess... 

#5 M1k3y

M1k3y

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:03 PM

gotta see a physcastrist, i think that is a symptom of schizo or something, idk im not a doctor, but i say talk to a pro before anything else happens or if it gets worse, idk just to be safe

#6 Billy D.P.

Billy D.P.

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:10 PM

I get murmurs as I am falling asleep but recently I'll be having conversations and I will be having a whole conversation and the person will be like "What?" because I've just said a random thing and then I'll be like "I said ___" and "you said___" and I even heard them reply but then they said they didn't and that conversation didn't happen even though it happened 2 seconds before. It's kind of freaking me out.

Nobody knows how severe your condition is other than you, and nobody can decide to seek help for you and much less diagnose you from afar, but I have to say this is a pretty commonplace symptom on this board. There's always a post here and there mentioning schizo-like symptoms, but in reality schizophrenia is much more complex than just "hearing voices" and other scattered internal dialogue. 

In my first episode of DP I used to get the sort of back-and-forth repartee you mention, especially when I smoked pot. I swear I almost got straight up auditory hallucinations when I was high and it was like I could just sit back and listen to different people and characters talk inside my brain. But as you mentioned, the characteristic I always found interesting was this dialogue was usually more an outside commentary on my internal monologue rather than a monologue unto itself of which I was a passive observer. So like you said, I would have a thought, and then some outside voice would comment on that thought in some way, and we'd sorta go back and forth. 

The truth is, I think this is more common than you realize, it's just with DP these thoughts are amplified in volume. In the first part of my second episode of DP (which I'm currently healing from) I remember thinking the volume inside my head just got turned up to a near unbearable extent as I always had some sort of a sound or voice or song or rhythm playing inside my mind. This has died down drastically as I've made improvements to my condition but I still hear it faintly from time to time. 

From what I gather (and I hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong) schizophrenia is marked by psychosis, meaning you're not generally aware of the "voices" your hearing and are unable to determine what's real and what's not. You clearly understand how to distinguish between these utterances and therefore don't appear to be under psychosis, however, again, this is only up to you to figure out. If you're worried about it perhaps seeing a doctor is a good call. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users