Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

recovery?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#13 Marinkawr

Marinkawr

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:52 PM

There are days when i feel horrible, not many days i feel better, each day is a torture anyway, but i know i'm just lazy, its easier to say i don't want to do anything cause i have a depression or scared or whatever. To get out of it i need to be positive, strong, hopeful and keep myself very busy, but ....ah i just reminded myself a story....once a man was passing a house , he saw old lady and her husband sitting on the terrace and the dog that was crying and moaning, he thought how strange, why the dog is doing this? Next day was the same, then the man thought if tomorrow it will happen again i will talk to this couple and ask about the dog. Following day he saw the same thing, he came close to the terrace and asked the old lady why your dog is crying so badly? The old lady replied oh the dog is laying on a nail thats why. The man was surprised and asked again-so why it doesnt move away? And the old lady respond-because it is painful enough to lay on the nail and cry but not that much to move away. So yeah, in general it is the main problem, but even considering this i'm still suffering moaning on this "nail"

#14 CK1

CK1

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:20 PM

Yes, i've read the recovery stories back to front, it does happen to the 100% but not for all, that's just how it goes. I believe everyone who keeps trying will see a big improvement. 

I was emailing a friend on this forum the other day about a story that actually gave me some perspective. The guy in question had DP for 20 years and recovered, usually i'd never read that, thinking it's the worst story you can read, but it's not. It shows it's never too late. In his case he lived with it 19.9 years, tried a few meds in the early days and gave in and just let it be, after 19 years he went back to the doctor and found a med that worked, recovered in a few weeks / went a hell of a long way in his recovery. 

I think the problem with this condition is living with it and being in recovery is totally different.

Sometimes you are stuck in just dealing with it and a lot of people make you believe that time fixes everything, time sure can fix DP sometimes for sure but if you aren't making headway, explore your avenues I say, but that's just me, i am pro meds with this disorder as I know how they changed my DP and i've read so many cases like this, where they found the right thing and got back to living quickly. Sure things like acceptance and stuff is all good teaching but it's a bit like depression when someone says "change your mindset" as if's a fault in a thinking pattern..i had major depression according to my doctors years ago that lasted 4 years, accepting did not do anything, meds fixed it and rather quickly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users