Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Would you rather?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you rather? (9 member(s) have cast votes)

What would you rather?

1. Severe DP/DR for 6 months (7 votes [77.78%])

Percentage of vote: 77.78%

2. Mild DP/DR for 2 years (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Moderate DP/DR for 1 year (2 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Phocus

Phocus

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:06 PM

What would you rather?

#2 Autonomic Space Monkey

Autonomic Space Monkey

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1,310 posts
  • LocationLondon UK

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:22 PM

None of the above!

:P

#3 Phocus

Phocus

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:22 PM

I'm sure that's the same for everyone :P

But anyway if I had to choose it would be the moderate for one year.

#4 Fesh

Fesh

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:13 PM

severe DP for 6 months

#5 wakemeupinside

wakemeupinside

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:49 PM

Severe for 6 months.

I've had fairly severe DP for ovet 2 years now so if I could have it gone in 6 months I so would.

#6 Glidarn

Glidarn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:44 PM

I have a hard time even understanding what mild and moderate is, if you actually have it it ruins every aspect of your life even if it's extreme or "moderate", that my experience with it anyways so i'd defenantly take the 6 months since it's the shortest!

Fuck DP!

#7 Lostherheart

Lostherheart

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:14 AM

Have no legs and have never lived this hell

#8 devin44

devin44

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:04 PM

I don't think anyone who has experienced the most severe DP could ever choose it over anything else, mild or moderate. 6 months would be several lifetimes in that state. I'm currently unable to work or keep track of time, forgetting where I am and how to do simple tasks, can't follow conversations, have no enjoyment, gratification or pleasure of any kind, can't feel my own memories or emotionally remember anyone.  

With mild/moderate DP you can still think about and experience other things. With DP at its most severe there is, seemingly, nothing but the DP.

#9 alnadine20

alnadine20

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 109 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:01 PM

Mine has been severe for a consistent 3 going on 4 years. What does moderate mild dp even feel like?

#10 devin44

devin44

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:19 PM

Having had a moderate form of DP for a while - it's a bit like not having DP, but there's just a constant or frequent 'off' feeling, even if it's only minor. But it's possible to ignore it and get on with things, unlike with the most severe DP.

#11 eddy1886

eddy1886

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1,109 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:53 AM

If you could guarantee me an ABSOLUTE DEFINITE END to this hell I would absolutely put up with chronic severe DP for a good number of years...

This is the whole problem with DP....There seems to be no end to it....Nothing gives proper long term relief...

I mean even the meds I take that give me a lot of relief from the Chronic form basically only improve my life to a 5 out of 10 level instead of the zero out of ten it is whilst going through chronic/severe DP...

Chronic / Severe DP = No functionality!!! ......At any level (Have been there many times especially in the early days / This is basically a mental hell of immense indescribable suffering)

Mild / Mid DP = Functioning!!! ......But at a lower than average human  level (This is where I am most of the time ONLY because of my meds)

Zero DP = Living!!!! .....Getting on with lifes ups and downs like any average human being (I have sadly completely forgotten what it is like to have this zest for life)

#12 brizia2093

brizia2093

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:33 PM

I think severe dp for 6 months but at the same time mild dp for 2 years. I think mine is mild because I see many people can't go out of their house which that makes me think they have it severe. I enjoy going out with dp i hate being in my house. But even before that lol I am an out doors person. Since I have mild dp....i don't want to meet the SEVERE Dp :P Soo.mild for 2 years is ok for me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users