Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Someone please help me

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#73 mrt

mrt

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:03 PM

Thanks tfiio, 

I haven't yet, I'm tired now. But, am going to take at least something tomorrow, I need to do something. You can hold me to it. 

I still would feel better having access to some sort of short term relief before starting the SSRI though, as a one off/when needed thing in case the panic sets in.

I know its a big ask, but is there anyway anyone would be able to get something to me?

• CK1 likes this

#74 CK1

CK1

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:07 PM

Probably rules here about asking for it, but in this case, short term, to get you on it, if your doctor doesn't get you some at least beta blockers, I am sure some of us have enough, between the forum we have a pharmacy 

• mrt likes this

#75 CK1

CK1

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:11 PM

failing this, 

https://thoughtfoods...0_tabs_x_100mg 

might be something to consider, bit like a benzo, legal works on GABA 

• mrt likes this

#76 tfiio

tfiio

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 411 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:55 PM

you could always try asking a different doctor, it's hecka sketchy but I know most populated places in the US have a doctor that'll prescribe you whatever as long as they get paid. idk what it's like where you are, but I imagine if you have the ability to seek another opinion you may be able to find someone more willing to prescribe you.

and I am definitely holding you to that. :) I won't be mad if something gets in the way of you making a game attempt, but I'm going to check on it at least.

#77 Midnight

Midnight

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:27 AM

we're here for you. it's okay.

midnight, I don't particularly care for your attitude, I feel like you're dismissing problems that are genuinely hurting others. that's pretty rude, especially here. I'd appreciate it if you don't do that in future.

mrt, you can start taking the sertraline and still try to get something for as-needed. if you're willing to start, it would be a very good idea to do so. if it's still too much for you, have you started working your way up like you had suggested before?

It would be impossible for me to give less of a fuck what you think of me. Lmao, you aren't the forum police here, you condescending twat. 

Whether you like it or not i've had DP for years so I have some authority on the subject having visited the research clinic in London and trying many medications / therapies etc. Sometimes people need tough love - Many people get stuck here for YEARS spinning their wheels making no progress because they don't take action - that was me too. Im helping to alleviate that learned helplessness. 

Iv'e spent years writing responses / helping people out on here. there just comes a point at which people sometimes need direct honesty. I've been extremely fair to most people and have even taken the time out to chat to people personally on facebook etc. So piss off

#78 tfiio

tfiio

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 411 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:17 PM

oh golly, I didn't realize I was in the presence of greatness! :I

tough love works for some people, in some situations. and I'm certain you've made important contributions to people's lives and recoveries. however, in this particular instance, your tone is less "tough love" and more "haha look at this loser". the phrase "tough love" indicates there still needs to be a component of love to it.

your statement also indicates you think for some reason I have no knowledge base of my own, despite available evidence to the contrary. I find this to be a very curiously common misconception. I'm not a professional, but neither are you. you know what works for you. maybe you've even gathered some things that don't work for you but work for some other people. you're not an authority. you'll note that I never claim to be an authority either.

mrt, I'm sorry for semi-hijacking your thread just to take issue with somebody's tone. did you take something today like you said you would?

• mrt likes this

#79 mrt

mrt

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:19 AM

Nope tfiio, I chickened out. But, I did take some b-gos today :)

#80 tfiio

tfiio

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 411 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:19 PM

well, you didn't do it yesterday, but you did today. and you'll try again tomorrow, right? :) good effort.

• mrt likes this

#81 mrt

mrt

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:46 AM

Had a bad day, so didn't take anything again :( went to docs and was expecting B12 injections, but more delays. Should be Friday. I'll have something today.

#82 tfiio

tfiio

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 411 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:25 PM

keep trying. you can do it.

• mrt likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users