Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

suicidal thoughts

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#13 forestx5

forestx5

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 617 posts
  • Locationcentral virginia blue ridge mountains

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:45 PM

@VincentV

I think it was the ECT (ElectroConvulsiveTherapy) that made a huge difference for me.  I had a series of 8 or 9 shocks ( induced grand mal seizures).  They were painless. I had some minor memory loss which I believe has been fully restored.  I have taken several SSRIs and had noticeable but manageable side effects from paxil and Effexor.  I have none from Lexapro.

#14 MichaelTheAnhedonic

MichaelTheAnhedonic

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 11:08 PM

@VincentV

I think it was the ECT (ElectroConvulsiveTherapy) that made a huge difference for me.  I had a series of 8 or 9 shocks ( induced grand mal seizures).  They were painless. I had some minor memory loss which I believe has been fully restored.  I have taken several SSRIs and had noticeable but manageable side effects from paxil and Effexor.  I have none from Lexapro.

Just curious, how did you feel when waking from a session? 

#15 babybowrain

babybowrain

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 925 posts
  • Locationcanada, ontario, home, apartment.

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:59 PM

hi...don't cry. you're an adult. you can take care of yourself now. you'll be o.k. soon. listen to some music. go out to cafes. you'll be happy one day.

#16 Vincentv

Vincentv

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:25 PM

@Sebastion: you indeed got me!  i thought I was a veteran with my 26 years. But you have 30 years. We're very close though and it's amazing I'm still here talking and you insn't it?

It's so cool to talk to a human being that has had it longer then I had. Man oh man... how? I mean... I could try to encourage you if I read your message as if you where in my place I would probably try do my best to lift you up. But man... i just don't know... 30 fucking years... aren't you done?

#17 Vincentv

Vincentv

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:43 PM

@ ponderer. We are kinda thesame, but I had dp as long as you live (almost). But it doesn't matter how long we have this in years. At least I grew wiser and am wiser now compared to ten years back yep!. I have many things to say.... tips tricks, but it's barely matters. I wish you much luck. Look for a person that works in the field (healthcare) and try to get support. Find someone that works in healthcare and tell your story. In tried and eventually I found a person and got the DP diagnosis. Not that the diagnosis matters mucht  btw ;-) 

#18 Vincentv

Vincentv

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:51 PM

Guys or girls.. I feel like ending it all sometimes... but it's really cool that there are encouraging responses yep. we're all in thesame boat aren't we??  :-)

• CK1 likes this

#19 Vincentv

Vincentv

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:10 PM

Third response to a very kind guy. @ forsest X5. Man. Lexapro I tried that stuff and it helped me like 25 percent... it's a good medicine but not that thing I was looking for ultimately. From my experience with Lexapro is that it kind of helps, but that it depends on how far you are in your own development personally, you get me? I think that a its a good medicine.... I felt strange yes, but still happier then before... like 25 percent better. En you took it upon yourself from there on. So in the end I wanny know if lexapro did it or was lexapro just a help that helped you over a big bump?? :-)

#20 Fritsdenk

Fritsdenk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:01 PM

Anyhow, I feel great that there is a forum like this on the one hand, but on the hand I feel like a social reject because I experience social limitations so clearly in every day life... every day even when I go to do some shopping I may have doubt if the cashier accepts me or not or if she thinks something is 'od' about me :-D and this is continuous, 26 years, so it becomes an obsession with disabilities... or a awaremess that thing don't go smooth or natural they way they are supposed to go. So in the end after two decades I started thinking about if it's worth to go on like this... questions like: how long do I need to struggle with this, is it 1 year, ten years?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users