Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Getting over my dp, am I doing it right?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#13 Valxbella

Valxbella

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:20 AM

Yes that's advice I would give. As hard as it is, I would try not to worry which I know is extremely difficult. Give the meds at least 2 months and don't read about people who have this long term. Chances are, and it seems more often than not, it passes on its own for most people. Sadly there's no figures on that, that's just a feeling from my experience on this forum

I'm actually thinking of stopping this med because I feel like I don't need it :( thank you and good luck! may we all get better :)

#14 Phocus

Phocus

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:26 AM

Should I drop the Zoloft? I feel like I can handle it without the medication though ☹️️ The Zoloft is making me all nauseous. There will be no withdrawal symptoms right since I only took it for a day (50mg) :/ can I stop it abruptly? Or should I continue taking it? I'm confused.

I wouldn't drop it if I were you, sometimes your body has to get used to the medications, over time the nausea will probably go away. Stay on it for 2 months, see if it helps your DR, if not find another medication with better results. Let us know how you're still reacting to it after a week of using it. Have you tried any herbal things to calm anxiety / treat low moods? What is the cause of your DR? Kalms are good for stress and anxiety. St John's Wort is good for low moods and mild depression. Just don't take them along with your Zoloft.

#15 Valxbella

Valxbella

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:34 AM

I wouldn't drop it if I were you, sometimes your body has to get used to the medications, over time the nausea will probably go away. Stay on it for 2 months, see if it helps your DR, if not find another medication with better results. Let us know how you're still reacting to it after a week of using it. Have you tried any herbal things to calm anxiety / treat low moods? What is the cause of your DR? Kalms are good for stress and anxiety. St John's Wort is good for low moods and mild depression. Just don't take them along with your Zoloft.

I'm not very sure of what is the cause of my dr but I believe it is anxiety :( I was very lucky a few years ago because I remembered myself feeling deperosnalized as well but it went away on its on without the use of medications. Today I've been feeling pretty bad and I don't understand why, I was doing well all along sigh

#16 Phocus

Phocus

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:08 AM

I'm not very sure of what is the cause of my dr but I believe it is anxiety :( I was very lucky a few years ago because I remembered myself feeling deperosnalized as well but it went away on its on without the use of medications. Today I've been feeling pretty bad and I don't understand why, I was doing well all along sigh

If you feel like it's the Zoloft that is making you feel this way, then stop, see what you feel like for the next few days, if you're feeling better then it is that which is causing it to get worse. If it stays the same then you might as well stay on it. Then see if it's having any good effects in the next few weeks, if not then ask the psychiatrist to prescribe some different meds.

#17 Phocus

Phocus

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:10 AM

Also, does your psychiatrist know that you have DR/DP, or does he/she think that it's just anxiety? A lot of mental health care professionals don't even know that these dissociative disorders exist. Have you tried mindfulness? Meditation helps for me.

#18 Valxbella

Valxbella

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:11 AM

Also, does your psychiatrist know that you have DR, or does he think that it's just anxiety? A lot of mental health care professionals don't even know that these dissociative disorders exist. Have you tried mindfulness? Meditation helps for me.

I believe she doesn't think that it is DR, she didn't rly mention it and it seems like she just thought of it as anxiety. Mindfulness? No! Is there any online meditation that works? I found a few on YouTube

#19 Phocus

Phocus

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:36 AM

I believe she doesn't think that it is DR, she didn't rly mention it and it seems like she just thought of it as anxiety. Mindfulness? No! Is there any online meditation that works? I found a few on YouTube

I don't really follow any youtube videos for meditation, only you really know the best way it works for you. Since I'm a Buddhist I sometimes count the beads on my mala bracelet in my head and that stops any intruding thoughts coming in, but before I got a mala bracelet I used to put soothing music on, there's an app that has like rainforest sounds, and like beach sounds and all of that. I can't remember what the app is called but if you could find it and then put that on and focus on the sounds, that can also clear your mind. If any thoughts come to mind whilst meditating, just let them pass, the brain obviously thought about it for a reason, so just listen to the thought but don't overthink it and then carry on with the meditation.

Let me know if you try any of these methods, or if you need help finding other ways to meditate :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users