Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Glycine/Sarcosine/NAC trial

sarcosine glycine NAC ketamine n-acetylcystiene

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ohmanigottathink

ohmanigottathink

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:34 AM

So, im starting a regime of 20g glycine with 1 gram NAC and 1 gram of sarcosine (twice daily) All in aid of NMDA function.  I mostly got my DP from a single dose of ketamine and 3 years of marijuana smoking (other drugs involved aswell, but dont think it contributed to the DP). Ketamine is an nmda antagonist so essentially i've picked supplements that will help receptor function.

So far, it has worked very well on an acute basis. I've been taking it for 3 days so far. For about 2 hours after administration, i become more chatty, less brain fog, more spontaneous thought coming through etc. However, effects last only for that 2 hour period. I have also noticed that my visual floaters have disappeared (bright circular lights appearing in the peripheries in an arc shape). So far seems promising. Will keep the community updated on progress. most likely on a weekly basis! Im a medical student myself, i will try and answer questions as best as i can.

#2 TDX

TDX

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:49 AM

Good luck.

But is it a good idea to combine glycine and sarcosine?

#3 ohmanigottathink

ohmanigottathink

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:03 PM

Yeh I've read this about not taking d-serine and sarcosine for risk of overstimulation. I am weary of taking glycine, but its a a much lower dose than mentioned in studies 0.8g/kg as well as it not being good at crossing the BBB. I may consider discontinuation. thanks for the concern though!

#4 Hedgehog fuzz

Hedgehog fuzz

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:52 AM

In a similar Evian, have you considered trying lamotrigine?

#5 ohmanigottathink

ohmanigottathink

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:18 PM

Yes, I would like to start it, especially with an SSRI. that seems to be helping some people. Just waiting on a psych referral from my GP (generally their knowledge is quite poor, i've met psychs casually on placement. DP is not really something they cover in huge detail even in their postgraduate exams, however they would be the ones to prescribe lamotrigine off-licence). I'd ideally like to carry on the glycine/nac/sarocosine for atleast 8 weeks and assess changes properly before changing to the antipsychotics etc.

#6 ohmanigottathink

ohmanigottathink

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 February 2017 - 01:32 PM

week 1 update

Conversations are slightly easier; i’m able to reply a short but coherant sentance back now, due to a slight increase in spontaneous thought. Still alot of room for improvement on that one however. Definite improvement in the ability to concentrate on tv shows/movies, although recall has not improved (yet!). Visual snow has improved by around 25%, floaters are almost gone now (used to have them like 10-20 times a day). A slight general ‘uplift’ in mood. 

#7 devin44

devin44

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 04:45 PM

I'll post my own Sarcosine update here I guess, so it's all in one place! I'm eight days in at 500mg of Sarcosine a day (I forgot on one occasion). I've definitely improved measurably - I'd say a solid 10%, maybe 15% at times. My body feels like my own a hell of a lot more and my spacial awareness is much better. Brain fog is a little better too and I'm not stumbling over my thoughts quite as much. Internal monologue comes back every now and then! I've gone from a level that was constantly unbearable to one that is almost bearable long term.

I really don't think there's much of a placebo effect if any as I was feeling pretty universally pessimistic that it would work, but I could be wrong. Now going to do another week at this level I think, then try moving up to 1g a day to see if that helps even more. 

Peace n love guys

#8 TDX

TDX

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:30 PM

Very interesting. Maybe I will also try Sarcosine and NAC in the future.

#9 devin44

devin44

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:19 PM

Update: feeling a bit nauseous and very anxious at the mo. Wonder if the Sarcosine is causing this effect?

#10 devin44

devin44

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:52 PM

OK, phew! Anxiety over. Gonna stick with it for another three weeks as the other effects are pretty helpful.

#11 ohmanigottathink

ohmanigottathink

• DPSH Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:02 PM

Nice, glad to see that its working. Just wanted to ask if it slowly worked for you over time or an acute affect after administration?

#12 devin44

devin44

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:50 PM

Mine was far more of a gradual thing, personally.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sarcosine, glycine, NAC, ketamine, n-acetylcystiene

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users