Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Newly diagnosed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Stones in the Sand

Stones in the Sand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:08 AM

Hello. I've had a PTSD diagnosis for some years, and have recently had Dissociative Amnesia, Derealisation and Depersonalisation added, each classified as Severe

I'd like to have as detailed an understanding as possible of what these mean and how I can manage them effectively. I'm about to start a marathon read of these forums, but can anyone suggest other good resources? I've done quite a bit of searching online, but there doesn't seem to be much between superficial general explanations, and very detailed scientific papers.

I'm also struggling with the idea that things that have been normal to me throughout my life are now classified as pathological. It changes my understanding of myself, and of what the real world is. I feel quite fragile. I know from experience with PTSD that I need to approach this slowly, limiting my exposure to keep my physical and emotional responses at a manageable level. Any advice on coming to terms with the diagnosis?

#2 Stones in the Sand

Stones in the Sand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:54 AM

Any advice? I'm finding the whole thing very disturbing.

I thought getting a diagnosis would make it all tidier, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It all feels a tumultuous mess, and I have no support at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users