Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

New Facebook Post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Surfer Rosa

Surfer Rosa

Senior DPSelfhelp.com Member

• DPSH Members
  • 738 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:17 AM

I ain't scared anymore! Here's what I posted:

ever wonder why you were born in the richest country in the world during a technological era that allows you to eat cheesecake untouched by human hands while posting to facebook to potentially two billion people on a planet that has all of the conditions necessary to sustain life which has evolved into our particular species in a universe that has the appropriate particles and laws of physics to allow for our material existence? or are you more like, "is our material existence 'real,' or more a figment of the imagination - better yet, do I have an imagination, or am I more of a consciousness observing someone who has an imagination?" if yes, hit like.

Is that a good post?

#2 mind.divided

mind.divided

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:51 PM

I ain't scared anymore! Here's what I posted:

ever wonder why you were born in the richest country in the world during a technological era that allows you to eat cheesecake untouched by human hands while posting to facebook to potentially two billion people on a planet that has all of the conditions necessary to sustain life which has evolved into our particular species in a universe that has the appropriate particles and laws of physics to allow for our material existence? or are you more like, "is our material existence 'real,' or more a figment of the imagination - better yet, do I have an imagination, or am I more of a consciousness observing someone who has an imagination?" if yes, hit like.

Is that a good post?

It's a bit edgy, but idk. Maybe it's good. ☺

#3 Pondererer

Pondererer

Great Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:40 PM

Honestly i think people will scroll right through it and think you're weird. But it's always nice to see other people with the same weird thoughts that i have :D

#4 Surfer Rosa

Surfer Rosa

• DPSH Members
  • 738 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:54 PM

Honestly i think people will scroll right through it and think you're weird. But it's always nice to see other people with the same weird thoughts that i have :D

yeah that's why I'm not friends with most people

it does feel really good to know people who have the same thoughts! so far no reply...

#5 M1k3y

M1k3y

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:50 AM

Yeah idk if Ull get a reply, maybe a like haha

#6 M1k3y

M1k3y

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:51 AM

And I'm scared to post on FB now, I just don't wanna say something that'll make me look off or something, like before I didn't care what I posted cus I was in complet control, now idk I just post videos, but that's dope mayne, speak ur mind

#7 apoplexy

apoplexy

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:20 AM

Seems to me like a post from someone who is overly philosophical, is experiencing existential angst and may have a mental health problem such as OCD, DP, GAD, etc.

#8 Surfer Rosa

Surfer Rosa

• DPSH Members
  • 738 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:43 PM

I think you guys are missing the point. The point is for it to communicate my real thoughts at the time, regardless of people's judgements!

Some ppl liked it, my friends who understand where this is coming from

Odd that someone has to get into the worst states to come up with relatively neutral observations like this? Maybe its a bad trip/mental breakdown thing...the comforting illusions go away!

Overly philosophical is an opinion, of course. I like to call people overly political when they don't know what they're talking about. It sounds better than refuting them.

Under-philosophical people need less battery power to run, but they make some extremely self-defeating choices. How can you act in accordance with your values or in your best interest if you are never interested in concepts like truth, justice, and morality?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users