Please Read the Community Forum Guidelines Before Posting.

Photo

Hey. Just need to talk to someone

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 derrrr

derrrr

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 07:46 PM

Hey guys. I'm a lurker of about a month, and while I don't think I have dp/dr, I'm pretty sure I have anxiety/depression and just want to talk to someone because everyone seems really nice and supportive here, and quite frankly, I need that because I just feeling like balling my eyes out because of just how sad and hopeless I feel. Thank you, all.

#2 Spacecake

Spacecake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:00 AM

Hey :D whenever you feel overloaded with stress regarding ANYTHING, as basic as this will sound, try and just completely release it from yourself. By that I mean just try and say 'FUCK IT' and let yourself be in no control whatsoever. A bit like surrendering to life instead of resisting. I have found this works for me in times of high stress. I try and just let it go and admit I am in no control of my life or circumstances which occur whatsoever, but I am on the other hand, in control of the way I respond to these situations. The universe/life has a funny way of putting things back in there place ;)  Try and not put ANY pressure on yourself. You are only human :) you are doing the best you can and nobody really knows how to do this life thing anyway.. sometimes people just come across like they have it all together but the reality is.. every single person on this planet has experienced the same emotions you and I have... It may not be the exact same situation but the emotions they have experienced are the same. I am not sure what your situation is but I you have come to this forum for help and support in a time where you are experiencing high stress :) and that is why I have responded to this post. I know how the hopelessness can feel at times, but let that be a sign for you to just take it easy on yourself, NURTURE yourself, TREASURE yourself, and breathe deeply and know that you have support whenever you need it ok :) everything is going to be alright :)

#3 tfiio

tfiio

Regular Contributor

• DPSH Members
  • 282 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:25 PM

hey there. I know that feeling, I think. you're welcome to send me a message anytime, although I can be slow to respond.

#4 derrrr

derrrr

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 04:45 PM

Thanks all. I'm still feeling down (existential thoughts of all kinds have been whirring through my mind for the past three months), but reading the plights of many members here has proven to be something to lean on in this particular time. Just knowing others have gone through the existential whirlwind/the feeling of my reality feeling a little foreign and creepy helps keep my spirits up, if only for a bit.

@Spacecake: I appreciate that! Your post hit me abit.

@tffio: I'll hit you up, if I can motivate myself, that is. When I'm in the doldrums, only reading and playing guitar has really got my attention off of my situation.

#5 Blayze

Blayze

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:29 PM

I'm new to this sight but the same to me. I'm here if you ever need help, as I think we're all going through this hell together

#6 RedSky

RedSky

Advanced Member

• DPSH Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationBorn in Detriot MI currently in Honolulu HI

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:10 PM

I am also new to this site although I have sat back and read stories on other sites for years...

Don't be afraid to talk to people! we are all in this together, if you ever need someone to talk to send me a message. I am hoping that talking to people on here will help deal with DR and I want to help people who are suffering with depression and DR/DP :mrgreen:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users